This is why we don't allow medical threads

Soldato
The terrible thing is, that 'Salve' attacks from the dermal layer, yet stimulates an immunological response underneath the skin - spreading potentially cancerous cells through the lymphatic system elsewhere. So whilst they are getting rid a spot (seriously?!) from their nose, if it were cancerous, they'd actually be promoting metastases elsewhere in the body which could takes months/years to reveal themselves. :(

How would that be an issue? I'm sure they'd have some stuff left over for when it shows up again ;).

I'm disappointed with your summary mags, you missed the part about suing the plastic surgeon :o.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'm glad the images are blocked.

Possibly the only time the NHS web filter has come in handy (irony?) :p

Soldato
I love how she refused medical attention to go the "natural route" only to be caused so much pain and discomfort she took pain killers and antihistamines to cope. Then to top it all off had to have reconstructive cosmetic surgery.

Very natural indeed.

Caporegime
I just... don't understand how someone can look at a photo of someone with a huge hole in their face and be all "aha yes your immune system is taking full care of you! huurah for the alternative treatment". Instead of doing the posting equivalent of running around screaming.

Caporegime
I just... don't understand how someone can look at a photo of someone with a huge hole in their face and be all "aha yes your immune system is taking full care of you! huurah for the alternative treatment". Instead of doing the posting equivalent of running around screaming.

I couldn't cope with those massive swollen looking scabs never mind finding out what's underneath is a giant hole

Soldato
I read quite a lot of that and I am just blown away when you see situations where people are so blind to anything else. It's just horrible these things can happen and there is no one to stop it. How many more peoples lives can be ruined? It's just disgusting really.

Permabanned
Going full retard helps. A lot.

Associate
It just seems to be me then that opened the link looking for a good laugh at quacks and their alternative medicine nonsense and actually found something quite interesting.

I've not finished reading the thread, but a biopsy had confirmed she had cancer in her nose. That black salve stuff seems to attack cancer cells, and the whole lot is then pushed out by the immune system.

I don't get how that is worse than a surgeon just hacking a chunk out of your face then blasting you with radiation or chemo?

Watching the youtube vid of the fat dude applying that salve to the skin cancer on his chest, it had no effect on healthy skin but caused the immune system to attack the cancerous parts and then purge it out. Why is everyone so quick to dismiss this and laugh at it, despite the 'proper' medical route being far more crude?

I'm massively cynical about pretty much everything, but surely this warrants further reading and research rather than just being dismissed out of hand?

Soldato
Because it does target healthy skin as evidence by the numerous idiots that have dissolved their faces? A surgeon would excise the tumour doing minimal damage to surrounding tissue and then do any necessary reconstruction.

Man of Honour
'This is why we don't allow medical threads'

You own part of the company magnolia?

Of course not, he's talking about "we" as the community that OcUK is, which we're all a part of.

Some feel like they're a part of it (the community), some just see this as a forum and keep it at an arm's length.

And he's right, this is why medical threads are over zealously moderated as someone so carefully pointed out - and will keep being over zealously moderated as we have a perfectly good health service in this country, whether you like it or not, will offer you better advice than here.

If you REALLY want online advice, sign on to medical forums.

Back
Top Bottom