This is why we don't allow medical threads

Caporegime
Sounds like his cancer is gone and all the hospital did was tell him how to treat the wound properly.
it even says in the article it healed...

Caporegime
Yes it healed his skin cancer, in the same way that cutting off your hand would heal your broken finger.

your hand wouldn't grow back his flesh did so it's not exactly a good comparison ...

Any surgery would have just cut the cancer out anyway and left a whole that needed to heal.

Personally I wouldn't touch the stuff but I can see how some people end up so desperate that they will

Caporegime
your hand wouldn't grow back his flesh did so it's not exactly a good comparison ...

The flesh does not grow back normally, it does not have the capacity to regenerate, it will form scar tissue which can have numerous complications. Surgery does not leave a crater in the head like that.

Soldato
I might have digressed slightly there, sorry.

Also, it didn't even make sense, as I was free associating when I wrote it, and somehow moved on to 'Gold member'.

Did I mention I'm very jet lagged?

Sorry.

Caporegime
The flesh does not grow back normally, it does not have the capacity to regenerate, it will form scar tissue which can have numerous complications. Surgery does not leave a crater in the head like that.

it would if they had to cut a huge lump of cancer out but they would seal it with gauze and he didn't

Soldato

Correct

it would if they had to cut a huge lump of cancer out but they would seal it with gauze and he didn't

With a gaping hole like that the skin would most certainly not grow back. Surgeons would do an excision of the BCC including additional margins. The wound probably wouldn't be closed initally but subsequent operations would involve plastics and skin grafting. No way would skin regrow or regenerate with that level of excision. Gauze doesn't help with skin regrowth but is used to pack deep wounds temporarily.

Caporegime
Bgcw7.jpg

LQPdj.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom