!!This kid went to my school!!

Soldato
Jet said:
I loved playing Age of Empires online for 16 hours a day lol. Some of the best times of my life *wipes tear*, made some great friends as well.

Got better things to do now though. Well, not really tbh.

Age of Empires... :D

another great game. could only spend 2-3 hours each time on it though as with most games as i get bored or my eyes start hurting...

Jet

Jet

Soldato
fonzee said:
Age of Empires... :D

another great game. could only spend 2-3 hours each time on it though as with most games as i get bored or my eyes start hurting...

When i finally got to sleep I could still see archers and knights running about.

Don
i played wow far too much when i lived in america, got two rank 14 mages (if you play wow you will know how long that takes!) I played it from 9am till 1-2am everyday for at least a year, managed to hold down a job at the same time which was a rather intense juggling act - answering the phone and leading a 40 man raid team at the same time was fun to say the least :D

Permabanned
Will Gill said:
i played wow far too much when i lived in america, got two rank 14 mages (if you play wow you will know how long that takes!) I played it from 9am till 1-2am everyday for at least a year, managed to hold down a job at the same time which was a rather intense juggling act - answering the phone and leading a 40 man raid team at the same time was fun to say the least :D

Two rank 14 mages?! Oh my lord, you nutcase! :eek:

Don
MiGSY said:
Two rank 14 mages?! Oh my lord, you nutcase! :eek:

I was the GM for the first horde nef kill on our server (vashj), I also have full t2 (havent played recently so havent ventured into naxx) and most of the AQ gear. its insanely addictive and with TBC coming out I'm playing again already :D

Soldato
Will Gill said:
its insanely addictive and with TBC coming out I'm playing again already :D

The really addictive factor in WoW, is its excellent replayability. I got bored with my undead shadow priest when I reached Level 47 and didn't seem to be making any real progress. So I rolled up some new chars and played as a thief for a while and then as a mage. Gained some new insight into the other character types and enjoyed the fast levelling of the earlier level characters again. Last week I spent a few days playing and returned to my priest - was able to get to level 51 in just a few days and enjoyed it again.
I also worked on getting my professions up, tailoring is now 290 and enchanting is 245 (nethers are in short supply on the AH otherwise would be higher). My main problems now are shortage of gold. I can grind Western Plagueland undead for Runecloth stacks but its dropping in value on Azjul-Nerob at the moment. :(

Any suggestions for good gold farming for 50+ lvl would be appreciated!

I'm hoping to hit 60 before TBC comes out.

:D

J.

Don
tyrs hand for solo gold farming

we just run scholo or strat over and over again, having fully epicced people (casters with 600+ dmg) makes the instances sooooo quick can pull four packs at once :)

im doing a good job here of looking like a total geek - guilty!

Soldato
What kind of parents does the kid have? Why weren't they dealing with this before it got to this stage! My parents were always aware of how much gaming I was doing and the like. If they thought I was doing too much they'd assign me jobs around the house or garden and if essential would do things like remove the fuses from my PC until I'd done them (and hide the screwdrivers so I couldn't replace them myself)
Everyone always jumps to blame everyone else, rather than accept any of their own failures.

Eliot said:
but the game should know what country you are in...

Thats easy to spoof though. With very little effort I can make my computer appear as if its in America, australia, china or wherever else someone has either an insecure server running that I can use as a jump box, or is running a public transparent proxy service. Dead simple to manage. Looking for a technical solution to a social/psychological problem isn't the solution here, self moderation really is the only way to deal with it.

Jet

Jet

Soldato
fonzee said:
lol :D

admittedly i did use to make the noises made by the priests, soldiers, villagers etc...

'bolden'

'chopper!'

:p

Haha. Me and my brother still use the noises in everyday conversation lol.

Soldato
Being a Daily Mail article, I was about to post something very cynical :p

After having a good scan through the entire post, I'm well shocked to hear some of your stories of 2 year stints of none stop gaming. Can that really happen to a man? :eek:

Would it be a symtom of more serious underlying psychologicol or social problems, I wonder? Bullying at school, or family problems for instance?

Soldato
Daily Mail said:
"I just can’t understand why this has happened," says a distressed Jenny. "We’re a perfectly normal family. Leo’s had a good, stable, Catholic upbringing, and he’s always been a bubbly, happy child who’s been very good at school.

What do they expect when they brainwashed the kid from a young age with stories of bearded men with superpowers delivered as fact.
Clearly Christianity is the root of the problem here.

Do you see what I did there Daily Mail? I got completely the wrong end of the stick and sensationalised to make something largely benign appear to be 'wrong' in some way. I certainly didn't allow any facts to get in the way of my poorly researched article, before delivering it to other people who also may not be fully aware of the situation and therefore make the honest mistake of believing my agenda to be fact.

I'm not naive enough to think that there isn't a problem with game addiction (not just MMORPG's although these seem to produce the most extreme cases) but I do think it might be taken more seriously if 'news' wasn't delivered in this wrapping of tabloid hyperbole.
The young man in question obviously has some other serious mental health issues and WoW was just the trigger. WoW being the largest, and therefore most well known, game of it's type just makes it a better target for unscrupulous scaremongers masquerading as journalists.

[rant over]

Back
Top Bottom