This Week Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
As a new member to OcUK (due to my planning of a new PC), I was attracted to OcUK because of the competitive prices and wide range of goods.

On Mon/Tues of this week I viewed the "This Week Only" pages and was delighted to see that two items I intended to purchase were on special offer

ASUS A8N32 mbrd

Seasonic S12 600W

As I am new to building a PC I have been carefully planning the PC based on my budget etc. My aim was to order the items yesterday afternoon..along with the CPU, case and fans, graphics card etc.

Much to my horror on checking the "This Week Only" (around 2pm) page had changed.....now I was disappointed with this as when something states "This Week Only" I would take this to mean Monday-Sunday....that is what would normally constitute "This Week"..
I immediately fired off an email to OCUK customer services asking why the page had changed on a Thursday....
I received a reply stating that the page changes on a Thursday
I replied confirming that I was intending to purchase two of the items from this page and could the prices at the special offer be honoured....the reply came back stating that they couldn't and the prices were set....

My gripe is, the "This Week Only" page should clearly state when the page would change....I've scanned over it and cannot see any message relating to this.
Also, seeing as I missed the change over by only an hour or so, I am surprised that OCUK would not honour the prices.....I could understand if I enquired two or three days later but I did not!...
I think that good customer service would have meant they would honour the prices for me, especially seeing as I was going to order a number of other things with a possible spend total of around £2000.

Is this me being unreasonable....I want to shop with OCUK but I feel let down with their lack of flexibility given the lack of clarity on the "This Week Only" page.
I am not trying to hold a gun to the head of OCUK but I am put off from ordering from this site....which is a shame as they have a good range of stock and competitive prices....

Has anyone out there been successful in obtaining the prices set on "This Week only" just after it has changed..... :(

Malenko said:
It's always changed on a Thursday, Thursday - Thursday = 1 week. If you go into the product catalogue it does say

Thanks for the prompt reply...however I went in from the front homepage of OCUK and it does not state it there.....

When you see the words "This Week Only" it is reasonable to interpret it as being Monday to Friday.....if I say "This week I am working 9-5" surely you are to think that he means Monday-Sun (if you work 7 days)...not oh, he means Thursday to Thursday.....

In a word, NO! I had the exact, EXACT same problem with three or four items in the, "This Week ONLY" section too, not more than little over a week ago. I sent an email to Gibbo asking to honour the week only pricing fixes as i missed them by just a few minutes (MINUTES!) coming back from the city to put all my hard earned money in the bank. :(

I asked if a bundle price could be arranged but alas i got no reply and decided to just go ahead with the purchase. I love OCUK to bits, but sometimes the amount of flexibility on the forums and the service grinds my gears NO END! :mad:

Last edited:
The Jet said:
In a word, NO! I had the exact, EXACT same problem with three or four items in the, "This Week ONLY" section too, not more than little over a week ago. I sent an email to Gibbo asking to honour the week only pricing fixes as i missed them by just a few minutes (MINUTES!) coming back from the city to put all my hard earned money in the bank. :(

I asked if a bundle price could be arranged but alas i got no reply and decided to just go ahead with the purchase. I love OCUK to bits, but sometimes the amount of flexibility on the forums and the service grinds my gears NO END! :mad:

Thanks for the response - so I am not alone.....(on this)

I understand that OCUK are a business and have to make money, but a little flexibility would generate good customer service.....and I am sure would also generate recommendations which would generate further business thus offsetting any small reduction they honoured from the "This Week Only"

mightynimrod said:
Fellas, it does state clearly in the rules that no shop talk allowed on the forums.

I'd close this before a mod comes along and does it for you.

Sorry didn't realise...so where can we discuss shop talk?

caseman said:
I understand that OCUK are a business and have to make money, but a little flexibility would generate good customer service.....and I am sure would also generate recommendations which would generate further business thus offsetting any small reduction they honoured from the "This Week Only"
Exactly how i felt at the time, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just glad i have my parts and have now forgotten about the whole ordeal. A few quid for customer satisfaction is not a lot to ask given the circumstances.

Ive heard of people having purchased an item a day or two before "This Week Only" deals and then the item popping up on offer. OCUK have offered these people part refunds out of goodwill.

If your spending 2K are you really worried about saving £5 off an item, if im being serious the "This Week Only" deals are not great anyway, rarely do we see massive savings. Most weeks it should be called "New Item Promotion Offers"

Still, OCUK are a very good place to shop, ive never had any problems here.

CaSh_MoNeY said:
Ive heard of people having purchased an item a day or two before "This Week Only" deals and then the item popping up on offer. OCUK have offered these people part refunds out of goodwill.

If your spending 2K are you really worried about saving £5 off an item, if im being serious the "This Week Only" deals are not great anyway, rarely do we see massive savings. Most weeks it should be called "New Item Promotion Offers"

Still, OCUK are a very good place to shop, ive never had any problems here.

There was about £25 pound saved.....enough to buy some case fans...or a decent mouse...so it was worth it.....or I could have bought Football Manager 2006.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom