Those stupid looking electronic insect bat-racket thingamajiggies

Soldato
Had one stuck in the cupboard for ages and finally tried it out yesterday , i was surprised as it may look silly but they work shockingly well. :)

I love it when a joke fails so hard that it either doesn't even get noticed or people just don't care :D

Even @mrk does better than this, and that bar is defying physics with how low it is.

I think I've encountered what may have been one 1.5-2inches long it was on a balcony behind some metal roller shutters covering a window, the slats weren't rolled all the way shut and it decided to look what was behind them or something.

I just hear a strange pinging sound and can't work out what it is then this giant monster comes crawling out and I sprinted inside, shut the door, yelled for the GF to come and witness it.
she said it's the biggest one she's seen and isn't convinced its European.

quick google later seems giant asian hornets spread to Switzerland from italy so it very well could have been one.
spent a few summers there 3-4 and the last summer was the first time I saw any hornets.

Saw some jet black looking snake from a distance go across a path from the river heading into the forest one time when I was walking along the river as well :S
I didn't even know they had snakes and no one warned me lol...

used to make a nice camp fire along the river almost every week during the summer time, the forest is managed and they are often chopping trees down, they leave large piles of branches etc for the local wildlife and for people to get wood for making fires. (river has benches with fire pits going all the way along it for like 1-2 miles)

the amount of times I've been in the forest climbing over these piles and grabbing bits of woods from them makes me wonder how close I was to really annoying a snake and getting bit.
It must have been one of these
BKrYNhZ.jpg
Vipera Aspis

the amount of times I've been in the forest climbing over these piles and grabbing bits of woods from them makes me wonder how close I was to really annoying a snake and getting bit.
It must have been one of these
BKrYNhZ.jpg
Vipera Aspis

very pretty! Though a bite from him would give you a bad day!

yea I think I read only 4% of untreated bites are fatal but I'd imagine it still hurts

Aha I googled it right away also. Though I'm in no rush to find out for myself! Isn't ignorance crazy? Like you had no idea something that could really hurt you was right where you played!

Not quite as severe but I hadn't heard about Giant Hogweed until a few years ago. Now I know about it I see it everywhere and I just don't know how I never got burned as a kid playing in fields and such!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-5405142

A man has blown up part of his house in France while trying to swat a fly.
The man, who is in his 80s, was about to tuck into his dinner when he became irritated by a fly buzzing around him.
He picked up an electric racket designed to kill bugs and start swatting at it - but a gas canister was leaking in his Dordogne home.
A reaction between the racket and the gas caused an explosion, destroying the kitchen and partly damaging the roof of the home in Parcoul-Chenaud village.
According to local media, the unnamed man had a lucky escape, sustaining just a burn to the hand.
However, the fate of the fly is not known, news outlet Sud-Ouest notes.
He has since checked into a local campsite while his family repair the house.

Back
Top Bottom