Those who garage your motorbike, do you use an indoor cover?

Soldato
No I never did use a cover. Only ever owned bikes when I had a garage though and that was the whole point, to garage it and get it out of the elements and locked away from thieves.

Associate
Cover the floor and paint the walls then you'll get very little dust. I don't cover mine often but if i do i just use an old bed sheet or curtain. We covered our floor with 2nd hand office floor tiles 10 years ago and they're still fine. Also paint the walls white so you can see better when fixing your bike.
I'd also recommend fitting 6k led batten strip lights.

Last edited:
Soldato
My bike used to sit between and old wardrobe and the wooden garage door, so I just ran one of those springy blind mounting cords between them on hooks and draped an old sheet above the bike.

The bar mounted mirrors and the big fugly indicators kept the sheet off of the bike at the sides.

Soldato
I used to cover my bike in the garage but it didn't stop a bit of mould growing on the seat so I just sorted out the moisture in the garage and left it off - quick dust before going out and it's fine.

Man of Honour
I tend to cover my bike when its in the garage..... mostly in grinding & welding dust, wood shavings and anything I need to conveniently balance somewhere for a month :D

In all seriousness though - I tried it for a while and found that the wild temperature swings build up condensation against the tank.

Associate
No cover on mine, but then I ride it a couple of times a week on average throughout the year, and don't have any issues with dust in the garage.

Edit: also, my garage is integral, and doesn't get too cold throughout winter.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi,

First post. Old school Blackbird, 01 vintage. Lives in garage when not is use. Never considered a cover tbh. Prefer it to breathe.

Do most of my own light work and never really worried about a bit of dust. Unless it's a lot, but what is a lot. I blow it off with the airline and/or dust it as occasionally required.

Associate
Definitely wish i did cover it over winter. Turns out the garage i got allocated last year has terrible condensation during the winter months. condensation dripped all over the bike causing mould to form all over the leather seat :mad:

Cannot wait to get back to my house this year to a garage that doesn't suffer with condensation.

Associate
I keep my bike in the garage and my bike is used every workday for my commute. I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 in the colder months I also park my bike in the garage wet and this dries my bike overnight. I have used this method for the last 2 years and have no sign of rust but I do also give the bike a good going over with ACF50 when I do a thorough clean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom