Thoughts on a mobo.

Associate
I’m in a bit of a quandary.

I’m considering an upgrade on my dated pc. I have over the last few weeks been collecting information from the more knowledgeable on this forum, and very helpful they have been.

I plan to buy the following:-

PowerColor ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X 512MB.
AMD 3800 x2.
Seasonic S12 600w.
Lian-Li P60.
GeIL 2 GB PC3200 Value Dual Channel.

The problem I have is with the mobo. What would be a good one for the above items, taking it the items would work together well?
I’m into gaming to a certain degree, FEAR, FarCry and HL2 and do a small amount of image and video work.

Looking for a mobo that when fitted with the X1900 will not have any of its slots covered up, does that make sense?
Not really into overclocking, but that could change with all the info that is on the forum.
Would appreciate any views on the setup.

I'd go for the DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, as it's a beast and the best around for overclocking, and trust me, you will want to overclock:p.
If you really really don't want to be bothered, then go for something from the Asus A8N series, as they are rock-solid and overclock pretty well.

A quick note on your case. Have a hunt around for the Lian Li PC-7 SE Plus - it has 2 120mm fans. :)

left_hand said:
Thanks for the info.
I thought the P60 had 2 120mm fans, 1 front & 1 rear?

Correct, ignore me. Had a lapse in concentration and talked crap for a few seconds. ;) It's over now though...

edit: actually I believe it's the US version that has 2 120mm fans. Best to check in the Case Central forum as I'm not entirely sure. The PC-7 SE Plus definitely has 2 though. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom