Thoughts on these B650 options

Associate
For my wife's PC I'm going to be grabbing her a 7600x to replace the 6800k. I've spent too long looking at B650 boards... What are people thoughts on this selection:

Gigabyte B650E Aorus Elite AX Ice
Gigabyte B650 Aero G
Asrock B650E Steel Legend
MSI B650 MPG Edge

Narrowed down to these as they seem like good boards that meet the white aesthetic. I was looking at the Asus Prime and Gaming-A (which I have the B550 version of) but they seem to have poor reviews on performance.

Doesn't need to be *amazing* but would like it to at least be half decent with the option of a 7800X3D or something down the road.

What are people thoughts on this selection:

Gigabyte B650E Aorus Elite AX Ice
Gigabyte B650 Aero G
Asrock B650E Steel Legend
MSI B650 MPG Edge
B650E has PCI-E 5.0 graphics (both the MPG Edge and Aero G still have 1x PCI-E 5.0 M.2 slot).

B650E Aorus Elite is the only one that has a white PCB.

Another vote for the pretty detailed HWU videos on the B650 boards, both original and a newly updated one. Gives a good idea of what to avoid, if they don't say to avoid then seems they're all much of a muchness

I've been through the videos and articles multiple times, wondering if the some more personal opinions as all of these boards seem to be pretty good on paper.

For example the Gigabyte Eagle AX is good on paper but I read a lot about bios issues.

I was looking at the B650e taichi lite which is supposed to have a $240 msrp according to HW unboxed, in the UK it should cost around £220 with exchange rate + VAT yet it seems retailers here are keen to rip people off even though I could import the board from the US for £230.

As much as I like to hate on Asus, they do make some decent boards.
The Asus b650e-f is my go-to recommendation for a high end board with pcie5 to the GPU and m.2 slot. Reasonably priced too (surprisingly).

LOL ASUS make the best socket AM5 Motherboards.......and ive never used ASUS until AM5

To the OP, out of your choices, go for B650E over plain old B650, you'll get more PCI-e 5.0 slots / devices / lanes, and if you're not too bothered about size, I would very highly recommend the ASUS B650E-i, I have one in my Mrs machine and its been a completely faultless, high performing board.

And my ASUS X670E Gene is by far the best board on the market, especially for RAM overclocking

1 DPC boards (2 ram slots) have a big advantage over 2 DPC boards (4 ram slots) where AM5 is concerned.

Last edited:
Using Asus B650E-E Gaming WIFI board for almost a year, never had any issues with it and my 7800X3D combo. Mature BIOS/ rock solid, decent features nothing more to be said.

Don't listen to people that make poor statements, as always listen to those that actually own one like I do.

FYI Epox was my favourite MB brand shame they are no longer around, I miss those days with Epox/Abit etc...

:) .

Back
Top Bottom