Threadripper Motherboards with all 88 PCIe lanes wired up?

Associate
Are there any?

AFAICT none even have all 4 PCIe slots wired for full x16 connectivity. I am ideally looking for something similar to the Asrock EPYCD8 in terms butof PCIe slots but for Threadripper.

Associate
OP
not going to happen for the fact one is for servers doing the full x16 set up and 8 channel ram with the latter for Prosumers . PCIe lanes are 128 vs 64

3990X has 88 PCIe lanes, rather than 64. That was precisely the point I was making - none of the Threadripper motherboards have more than 64 wired up. I want those extra 24 PCIe lanes' worth of PCIe slots on a motherboard.

Associate
OP
Bottom line - Threadrippers below 3990x only have 64 PCIe lanes advertised and motherboards are designed for them.
3990x has 24 additional lanes advertised, but no motherboards have more than 64 wired up.

However you spin it, 3990x has more than any motherboard available today seems to be wired up for.

So to re-iterate - are there any motherboards coming with all of the PCIe lanes that 3990x offers wired up, ideally with the extra ones going to PCIe slots?

Associate
OP
How can the reviewers tell that some of the lanes are locked if no motherboards have more than 64 lanes wired up? What are they testing with to reach that conclusion if there are no motherboards that have the extra 24 lanes that AMD advertises wired up?

Associate
OP
Right, so in conclusion: There are currently no motherboards, available or announced, that provide the extra PCIe connectivity of 3990X compared to lesser Threadrippers.

Back
Top Bottom