Thrustmaster SW causing BSOD

Suspended
I've got a Thrustmaster Grand Prix 1 steering wheel, gameport with a adaptor that fits on the end with the same gameport type.
When I plug the cable in I get a BSOD fairly soon afterwards. I tried the gameport on the Soundblaster Live with the drivers from Creative's site, and the one on the Asus MVP Deluxe. Also tried with and without the adaptor. Still nothing.

http://www.cyberg8t.com/f2comp/gp1.jpg

It USED to work with the same Soundcard, 2000, XP etc no problems. I've hardly used it since my old PC wasn't fast enough for driving games, and now I have Need for Speed MW and can't use it :( I have a P4 desktop with a SB Audigy I'll try that later..if it works on that something wrong with my machine, if it still crashes another issue.

Any ideas?

Suspended
OP
Problem solved, checked the Thrustmaster site and it stated to choose Thrustmaster T1 with/without adaptor. Still BSOD a bit later on but worked for much longer.

A general games question, how do you map certain X/Y axis? Usually for action buttons you can select it then press the desired button, button for L/R and brake/accelerate pedals it doesn't detect the movement. L/R in GTA SA works but not the pedals- I have to use the buttons.

Back
Top Bottom