Thunderstorms : Weather UK - 2016

Soldato
I could see lightning here from 9 pm but actual storm didn't arrive here till approx. 1:30am. Quite a few flashes of lightning, some were very close with no gap between seeing the lightning and hearing thunder. It was absolutely tipping it down with rain.

Soldato
You lucky lot :( Nothing here and there was supposed to be storms

Lucky :eek:

I am not entirely sure being woken up at 4:30am to have to bail out the porch because it had already overflowed into our hallway is lucky :(
New carpet required in the hall, and maybe part of the living room. At least the floor is stone, so no floorboards to replace.

Oh, and I have a job interview this afternoon, which I am sure will go well on 5 hours sleep :(

Soldato
Horrible rain this morning and quite a bit of flooding - even on main roads. Appears to have caused chaos on the M25 in Herts and some rail issues at Watford Junction...

Took me 1.5hrs to do 11 miles!

Soldato
I've been watching the lightning maps, and it's moving south still. I'm right on the coast, but will hopefully be here in an hour. I need to watch some of it before I fall asleep.

Did you get any in the end? Not so much as a rumble over here in east sussex. Had a bit of rain yesterday and overnight but thats about it.

Soldato
Driving in to work at 6am this morning, between Leighton Buzzard and Hertfordshire resulted in a serious case of brown trousers by journey's end.

I must have driven in to the leading edge of the storm. Starting out it was dry, but I could see the odd lighting flash a few miles away. A few minutes later and it was like the end of the world had started! One particularly ferocious 5 minute spell felt like someone was firing a hose directly at my windscreen and reduced me to crawling along at less than thirty with my nose pressed up against the windscreen. That was mental stuff for a while. :eek:

I do like a good storm, but I would've much rather been at home during all that.

Back
Top Bottom