Tick Tock Tick Tock...How long will I be waiting for?

Soldato
Well I thought it would never happen to me but it has. My computer has decided to turn into a clock and start ticking at me :mad: . I immediatley blaimed the PSU (Tagan TG480-U01 480W) as I remember there were problems with ticking Tagans. Anyway, I'm 99.9% sure it's the PSU so how do I rma? It's still under warranty and the box and reciept are in a folder (I think I still have the reciept in there... :eek: ). How long will it take to rma it? I need the computer ASAP. Is my spec to much for my 480Watt Tagan (spec below)? Also do you think it would be possible for me to replace my Tagan 480watt for a Tagan TG530-U15 530W modular (or any other PSU recommended with modular for around £82)? Are modular PSUs any good? I'm fed up of all the cables

120mm fan
3800+ AMD 64 Venice (Arctic Cooler Freezer)
1Gb Ram
X850XT PE PCI-Express (Zalman VF900)
Audigy 2ZS
2X Hard drives (80Gb Samsung SATA2, 200Gb Seagate barracuda)

Last edited:
your psu rating should be more than adequate for that pc in my opinion.

I have the same Tagan model as you working the below rig.

I would certainly think about the 530w model. Tagan will always be my first choice even though I know quite a number had problems with the U01

FrankJH said:
your psu rating should be more than adequate for that pc in my opinion.

I have the same Tagan model as you working the below rig.

I would certainly think about the 530w model. Tagan will always be my first choice even though I know quite a number had problems with the U01

As I heard. Is it possible for me to ask for my money back? I might go for another brand. How do I rma it? I've never had to do it before. I suspect I EMail tagan?

Fulcrum said:
My Aerocool psu ticks when its turned off but its inaudible more then 6 feet away

Well mines when it turns on. Does anyone know how I would rma? I've emailed them as I can't find a telephone number but don't know if that is enough

-White-Knight- said:
Pretty sure. Ill double check now.

Ok I turned it on and left it to boot up and the ticking stopped but when I got to the start up screen I kept getting beeps from my motherboard untill I pressed the power button for windows to shut down? I dont think it is the PSU after all. I'm scared now. if it helps the lights above my PCI,PCI-E slots are flashing? (ECS KN1 Extreme). Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Turned it on a second times and the beeps were very fast faster than they were? I'm really scared now :(

Last edited:
-White-Knight- said:
Ok I turned it on and left it to boot up and the ticking stopped but when I got to the start up screen I kept getting beeps from my motherboard untill I pressed the power button for windows to shut down? I dont think it is the PSU after all. I'm scared now. if it helps the lights above my PCI,PCI-E slots are flashing? (ECS KN1 Extreme). Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Turned it on a second times and the beeps were very fast faster than they were? I'm really scared now :(

What's the beep code? How many beeps?

kbc said:
What's the beep code? How many beeps?

They're endless untill I hit the shut down button. If I was to leave it on the log on screen it wouldn't stop beeping, I don't want to leave it on for to long incase it goes bang. Surely if it was a serious problem the pc wouldn't even boot? Nothing is under warranty and I really can't afford to replace anything (I'm only 16 :()

-White-Knight- said:
They're endless untill I hit the shut down button. If I was to leave it on the log on screen it wouldn't stop beeping, I don't want to leave it on for to long incase it goes bang. Surely if it was a serious problem the pc wouldn't even boot? Nothing is under warranty and I really can't afford to replace anything (I'm only 16 :()

Here's something to look at.... are you able to distinguish which one?

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

kbc said:
Here's something to look at.... are you able to distinguish which one?

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/beepcodes.shtml

Thanks for the help but I appear to have solved the problem somehow. I opened the case and took out and reseated graphics card (I fitted a VF900 2 days ago) and used the other 6Pin PCI-E plug. I also unplugged and replugged everything and all is well, for now. I hope it doesn't happen again. It was perfectly fine till today. I will give it till Sunday and if it does the same I will start to worry again. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom