Time for a bike and considering the Specialized Allez Sport.

Commissario
I've been umming and ahhing about getting a bike to help increase my overall fitness for about a year and a conversation a couple of weeks ago rekindled my interest.

I'm not unfit, I can walk for miles and miles and miles very quickly but would like to exercise some different muscles. I can't run so cycling seems like a decent option.

I'm looking at the Specialized Allez Sport which I can get for a good price (cheaper than advertised on Evans).

It would be for general pleasure and good weather biking. I'm not planning on doing any racing and as it's 25 miles each way to and from work, I won't be riding to work.

I'm just interested in any opinions on my choice of bicycle and what essentials I should be considering buying along with it.

Thanks.

Commissario
OP
Thanks for the quick replies.

A quick search suggests that there are mudguards available that will go on the Sport so I'm covered for that.

I hadn't noticed that pedals aren't included though, what's that all about?

And as I said on the original post, I'm not spending £600 on it, I'll be paying significantly less than the price advertised on Evans with a budget around £400 for the bike itself (this could be plus or minus a few quid, exact figure not known).

Commissario
OP
OK, again thanks for the responses.

I'm not limited to Evans, I merely posted that link to show the bike I was interested in.

As a bit of a step up, how about the Giant Revolt 3 '15. Again, I wouldn't be paying that listed price and not being a dedicated road bike would give me a slightly better option if I wanted to ride it elsewhere. It can take mudguards.

Commissario
OP
Back
Top Bottom