Time for everyone to use 5mm spacers?

Soldato
no they didnt, and yes i have seen them before. but its not the same as the rubber gasket :cry: its just not

Gaskets and shrouds,basically the same thing. Shrouds have been available for many years is various shapes and sizes. Your just being pedantic about it. The for the record the Thermochill gaskets were 5mm thick.

Soldato
It’s not. It’s the bigger space that’s stops the noise. There is a guy on YouTube that’s made a few going up 1mm at a time from 1mm to 10mm and it was only when he passed 4mm so 5+ that the noise stopped

Soldato
It’s not. It’s the bigger space that’s stops the noise. There is a guy on YouTube that’s made a few going up 1mm at a time from 1mm to 10mm and it was only when he passed 4mm so 5+ that the noise stopped

I know that. My first posted which for whatever reason you've decided to drag out into where we are now was simply saying that the concept of spacing a fan away from the radiator, case, heatsink or whatever to reduce noise isn't a new concept and has been a thing for decades. I used the word gasket, hindsight wish I went with shroud as they are generally bigger and it may have avoided all this but whichever way you try and spin it shrouds and gaskets do a similar job. Move the fan away to help reduce noise and also if made of a soft material like a most gaskets help reduce virbrations and provide a air seal

Back
Top Bottom