Time to become a beast.

Associate
So I've trained on and off since I was around 17/18.

3l6ZJC4.jpg

I trained on and off until I was 23 where I got to this:

yq5lWWE.jpg

Then I gave up for a while and looked like this:

Pnl0AYG.jpg

I got back into it a year and a half ago between 28/29 and got back to this:

IL5XDtx.png

And then... Covid19 came along, my business went crazy busy and I stopped training. I haven't trained in 6 months now, and look nothing like the above (I'll get a photo soon to upload my current starting point). I'm starting with a new mindset and determined to just be an overall beast. I don't want to focus on bodybuilding, powerlifting, crossfit or basically anything in particular. I just want to enjoy training again, vary my training often between cardio, weights and anything in between, and just regain my love for training.

Best lifts ever was 165kg bench, 200kg squat and a 240kg deadlift.

Current lifts I have no idea, maybe a 100kg bench, 120kg squat and 160kg ish deadlift although I'm just guessing on this. First training session will be tonight, heading off now. My loose plan is to do an upper lower split monday/tuesday thursday/friday. The aim is to always get one upper and one lower session in each week, with the second workout either being a repeat of the first, or cardio, stretching, hiking, or any other form of training. Wish me luck!

Associate
OP
In. To the hilt.

Haha! Cheers man!

Went Monday and did legs.

Squat
Warmup Sets
80kg x 20

And then two sets of 15 leg extensions and leg curls superset together...

And I was destroyed already. Clearly haven't done anything in a long time.

Tuesday
Upper body

Bench press
3 sets of 80kg x 10
Superset with 10 pullups

Then some dips and curls and again... can't move my arms.

This going to take some getting used to.

Associate
OP
I am enjoying the fact that your "getting back into it" weights are the same as my "been lifting for a while" numbers. :D

:D ! We all have to start somewhere. To be honest I was stuck on the same weights for years and years until I met a guy in Uni who was a lot stronger than me. We started training together and I just did a terrible dirty bulk. I'd finish my workout and head to Tescos, buy mini pizza's and gallons of milk and have that for dinner etc. I ballooned up in weight, but also in strength. Bench press went from 100kg for a single to 140kg for a single in literally 6 months that way. Then I've spun my wheels for years afterwards, while I did get stronger for a while it's a lot of stopping and starting. What are your lifts and how long have you been lifting? I'll drop into your thread later and read up :)

Man of Honour
:D ! We all have to start somewhere. To be honest I was stuck on the same weights for years and years until I met a guy in Uni who was a lot stronger than me. We started training together and I just did a terrible dirty bulk. I'd finish my workout and head to Tescos, buy mini pizza's and gallons of milk and have that for dinner etc. I ballooned up in weight, but also in strength. Bench press went from 100kg for a single to 140kg for a single in literally 6 months that way. Then I've spun my wheels for years afterwards, while I did get stronger for a while it's a lot of stopping and starting. What are your lifts and how long have you been lifting? I'll drop into your thread later and read up :)

Been lifting a long time and am now slowly shredding out as a cyclist. I used to lift a lot more than I do now, but I used to weigh 15kg more than I do now, too. :o

Associate
OP
Did the Murph today with no weight.

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

39:25

Going to do it once a week I think and slowly add a weighted vest.

Consigliere
Did the Murph today with no weight.

1 mile run
100 pull-ups
200 push-ups
300 squats
1 mile run

39:25

Going to do it once a week I think and slowly add a weighted vest.

This excites me...so obviously you do it in order? And bodyweight (well, with the vest) squats yah?

EDIT: Ahh just done some Youtubing...so a guy i just saw split the the exercises up into sets. Makes sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom