Time to boast about my new toy

Man of Honour
Well it's not mine really but I've been put in charge of it.
I've had a bit of training and today I was giving demonstrations to the big brass at the hospital, doctors, Royal College of Nurses, 2 school classes and various teachers.
These pictures really don't do it justice but everybody went away very impressed and wanted a piece of it eg both schools want to pay to take it into their schools to help with the curriculum and that will have a knock on effect.
I will be having training soon to use the 3D cameras and how to convert etc.
We bought it from here - www.amazing-int.com

3d1.jpg

3d2.jpg

3d3.jpg

3d4.jpg

3d5.jpg

3d6.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
It's for the Careers & Skills Academy where health professionals and students do their training.
Forgot to mention that it's also interactive so you could remove the heart and then fly around it using the wireless mouse that acts like a Wii controller.

Man of Honour
OP
I was trying to make a Monty Python reference, I seem to have failed :)

You didn't fail on me.

Not impressed with the cable management outside.
:p

I'll get some nice cable ties because they can all stay together.
Forgot to mention there's also a heart rate monitor that plugs into the USB so that you can see the heart beating in time with an individual.
I know they're only flight cases but they have been built for comfort inside.

Dmpoole, this thread could have had so much potential if you was a girl :(

I've already thought about bringing the camera home.

Man of Honour
OP
Discover the heart is quite cool though, try using the gyromouse to prod the audience with the colon ;)

I've prodded them with a vein :)

Me and a colleague have now got to identify the learning needs of Trust staff and see where this technology can be used in the Academy with the courses we run.
Because of this they have decided to take on a proper media student to be creative with the films that they record, how they are edited and how they fit into a curriculum or the running of a hospital.
I'm definitely not the person to do it because I don't have a creative mind but a great opportunity for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom