Time to buy VR?

Associate
Reading a bit about the Valve Index...sounds like it might be time to go VR?

Ive been hovering for a few years watching, but non of the systems sounded a better experience than my ultra wide monitor

My PC should be up to it 2070S and 3700x

Would be an ace thing to put under the xmas tree...the wifes always complaining she doesn't know what to get me...£900 might be pushing my luck though

So is it the right system and time to buy in?

Associate
OP
Ive been and tried a rift basic at a gaming center..pretty unimpressed to be honest...some shooting game where the enemies were white polygon numbers, and a spiderman demo which was pretty cool, but it just felt a bit 1980's gimicy, id really like to know how close is the graphics on say asseto corsa competion vs my monitor

Associate
OP
Oh well the Index is out of stock, and this really needs to be delivered by Santa...now do I go Rift S and be happy with it...remembering Ive never tried a INDEX so wont know what im missing

Associate
OP
Cheers Melmac, nearly bought the rift S this afternoon, but I had a quick look on flee bay for a 2nd hand index...none to be had...there was however plenty rifts's often with the statement, "selling due to upgrade to index"....

Associate
OP
Yip, all the offerings..I was going to go with 1.0 lighthouses but now all the headset and controllers are gone too...so...do you just go Rift S and save a few quid or wait?

Back
Top Bottom