1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timer that refreshes when a specific web page reloads?

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by willhub, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:19 AM.

1. willhub

Capodecina

Hi.

I'm wondering if this can be done, there may be restrictions it's for my work pc, basically, I want to make sure I'm completing an allocation every 2 minutes, and when I load the next one, the timer resets, is there an add-on for Chrome to do this?

It's just a little way that may help me keep productive.

Cheers!

2. touch

Sgarrista

You could do it with the TamperMonkey extension and add the following snippet of code to the page:

setTimeout(function(){window.location.reload(); }, 120000);

That would refresh the current page every 2 minutes (and resets if you reload the page)

3. willhub

Capodecina

I'd rather not force the page to reload though, so rather, have it run down from 2 minutes, and not start until I refresh the page, as if it refreshed I'd loose my work.

4. AHarvey

Sgarrista

it depends on how you are submitting the work I suppose.

You could add the code to a button to reset the timer when it's submitted.

Another option would be to just have a timer running and click reset each time you submit.

5. touch

Sgarrista

You could change the code to give you a warning after 2 mins:

setTimeout(function(){alert("page has been open for 2 mins"); }, 120000);

This only works if the page reloads when you submit something otherwise it'll be more complicated and you'll need to check for button presses like AHarvey says.