• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Timespy freezing my computer

Associate
Hello, just bought 3dmark to see what kind of results I get. I can’t finish timespy without it freezing my whole computer, only thing I can do is do a reboot. Anyone know what the problem is?

Associate
OP
It is also freezing and crashing my pc on fire strike to, the only one I have successfully got through is port royal, specs are:
Ryzen 9 5950x
Zotac trinity 3090
H100i platinum cooler
32gb 3200mhz ram
Asus rog strix x570 f gaming MB
1000w rmx power supply

Associate
OP
I’ve had no games crash on me expect warzone only when I had msi afterburner installed, warzone crashed and gave me a directx fatal error encountered error.

Associate
If all your BIOS and drivers are up to date including chipset drivers the only thing I can suggest is to try and swap out your graphics card with your last one if you still have it and see if you can try and narrow it down to a specic component by swapping out other components to see if it makes it to the end of the benchmark.

Soldato
Someone asked above, but you didn't answer, what are your temps like?

Have you connected both the 8 pin and 4 pin EPU (The CPU power cables on the motherboard)? Also, is your 3090 powered by a single cable that splits into 2 8 pin or 2 cables with a single 8 pin from each?

Soldato
Sounds like an overheating problem, that's what happened with my graphics card. Lack of spinning fans caused heat to soak in, and thus the freezing. Don't just rely on your graphics card temps check the motherboard temps and try setting a custom fan curve on your graphics card.

Associate
OP
I’m not too sure what to look for when it comes to knows what cables go where but the 2 cables going to the graphics card are cable tied together looks like 2 separate 8 pin connections, as for temps when I’m sitting idle my cpu is between 45 and 50 degrees. The gpu when under load between 70 and 75.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/21/01/19/anp.png

Associate
OP
What program would you recommend to set a fan curve, when i install Msi Afterburner it causes my warzone to crash.

Back
Top Bottom