Tiny desk speakers

Soldato
Good afternoon,

We have a baby arriving shortly and I am graciously giving up my office room for her and being moved into a corner of the kitchen. My desk is going to be very small, maybe only 80 x 50 cm, so I need some really compact speakers.

I know that when it comes to sound quality, compact rarely equals good, but I would like them to be decent.

Therefore, I was hoping for some recommendations. To give an idea of the order of size, something that was 10 x 10 x 10 cm would be great!

Budget is probably £150 as I have my current NAD amp and two sets of speakers to sell, most likely.

An alternative plan, which I thought of while typing, is to organise the speakers in the kitchen and somehow broadcast from my computer over to the speakers. Probably wouldn't be great for Teams calls though!

Thanks for your help,

dirtychinchilla

When I was forced to go compact, I used a small soundbar that clipped to the monitor.

Sound quality was pretty crap, but it did what I needed it to.

Your budget is vastly more than I spent, but I'm sure better quality clip ons also exist.

Headphones - doesn't impact others or wake your baby; con: you won't hear the baby crying

Speakers: you'll still be able to hear others around you; con: speakers will wake your baby

I think you can see the obvious issue here; no matter the scenario the common thread is the baby; I say keep the speakers and headphones instead of getting a baby :cry:

Last edited:
Or use some logic and realise some small speakers in the corner of the kitchen aren’t going to wake up a sleeping baby in another room, most likely upstairs.

Our baby often sleeps through us watching films and TV shows in the same room :cry:

Back
Top Bottom