"Titan Envy M" Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz Overclocked Nvidia GeForce Gaming PC

Associate
Hi Overclockers

I have been looking at the "Titan Envy M" Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.2GHz Overclocked Nvidia GeForce Gaming PC with the 780Ti option.

Could you guys please let me know which version(brand) of 780Ti I would recieve if I purchased this today. Also if I wanted a different brand how flexible are you guys when it comes to switching out the GPU.

Thanks

Associate
OP
I sent in a webnote. Thanks for the info!

Out of curiosity do you guys know which brands provide UK support so I dont have to send my card back to China (which happened before with Palit) in the event of hardware failure?

Associate
OP
I have never heard of KFA2. But I have never really followed hardware very closely. Obviously I have heard of Gainward but dont see many conversations about them on OcUK forums. From what I have seen myself the most popular brands seem to be Gigabyte, ASUS, and EVGA.

At the end of the day all I really care about is that OcUK dont build an awesome system and then lump in a cheap GPU to cut cost. I prefer to know exactly what I am getting before I spend my money. I really dont want to end up waiting 4 months for some weird chinese RMA system only to have the card returned with the fans obviously damaged and glued back together(yes Palit, I am looking at you!).

Out of curiosity, who repairs/replaces the card when it has a fault and is still under overclockers warranty?

Also wondering if you can start with the 2 year overclockers warranty and pay to extend it if you choose to at a later date?

I realise this isnt the correct forum for customer support but I dont expect any at the weekend anyway. Its just questions I am asking while they are fresh in my mind. I can always point them to the forum post when I get a response to my webnote.

Soldato
KFA2 are Galaxy's European (or maybe just UK) brand name. Not that Galaxy are particularly well known, but there you go. They make one of the best 780s - the HoF.

But yes, Gigabyte, ASUS, and EVGA are the most popular brand (MSI could be added to that list). EVGA's RMA goes to Europe somewhere - Holland or Germany.

If your card breaks while it is under the warranty with OcUK you just send it to them. Otherwise you send it to them and they'll pass it on to the manufacturer for you.

OcUK are more discriminating than most retailers when it comes to brands. You'll notice they don't stock cards by Palit or XFX, and that's precisely because customers have had trouble with them in the past.

As mentioned above, though: just call customer service before you order and they'll be able to put your mind at rest :)

Alternatively...is building the PC yourself an option...?

Associate
OP
I could probably build it myself but I have a hard time making decisions lol. I figured I would let overclockers make the decisions for me :).

Thanks for all the information. I think I will create a basket for myself and compare my ideal parts vs the envy while I wait for a response from OcUK.

Associate
OP
I just went ahead with the order. After messing around with different baskets they were pretty much the same price as getting it prebuilt/overclocked. Plus this isnt the first time I have purchased from overclockers so I have decided to trust them for warranty.

I went with an i7 4770k, MSI GTX 780, 120GB SSD and who knows what RAM lol.

Decided the 780 was more than enough for 1080p gaming (my current display)and the money I saved will be going towards a G Sync monitor. Im really interested in this technology and smooth frames/gameplay is why I picked Nvidia over AMD.

Next month I will probably pickup a monitor a peripherals. Wondering what you guys think would be the best monitor for me considering I want G Sync, single display, and want to make the most of the GPU I have.

Associate
OP
I can't deny it....it does sound pretty awesome. Will keep an eye out for the new G-sync monitors as they start to become available. Not sure I want to be paying 800 bucks for one but I guess its meaningless to have a great PC with a shoddy display.

Associate
OP
Finally it has arrived!!

First a little feedback.

First issue was that the network drivers weren't installed and considering I didn't choose to add a DVD drive it was a bit of an issue. However I was saved because I had access to a second PC with an internet connection and an external USB drive. Either this was an oversight or they were left out on purpose as the network card seems to optimise itself after the first install.

Second issue was that my second drive didn't have a drive letter assigned to it and was inaccessible until I gave it one in computer management. Not sure why quality control let that one slip.

They both turned out to be minor issues for myself but could have been more hassle for someone else.

Apart from those minor issues everything else seems fine at first glance. I was very impressed with the packaging and the amount of care that went into delivering the computer to me. The build looks very tidy and has very good cable management. I thought the packs of sweets were a nice touch and put a smile on my face.

Next thing I would like to do is make sure everything is running as it is supposed to be. This is really the first overclocked machine I have worked with so I am hoping you guys can give me an idea what I need to check and which monitoring tools I should use to check it.

I am also not sure how far Overclockers have went with the drivers and firmware. They don't seem to have installed the latest drivers on the system however I would guess they at least updated the motherboard to the latest firmware before they setup the overclock. Maybe not, but if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Post is getting loooong so I will stop it here. If anyone has tips on what to do with a new system that you think I should look into please let me know. Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses to help.

Soldato
You'll find all the necessary drivers on your motherboard manufacturer's website. That would be here, under support & downloads: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4482#dl They may already be installed, but there they are.

For the GPU: download GeForce Experience - it will tell you if you have the latest GPU drivers installed.

On the overclock: download RealTemp then do what you would normally do to stess your PC (i.e. gaming) with it running in the background. As long as the temperature doesn't get too high (and you don't get a BSOD, obviously), you should be fine.

EDIT: By the way, I imagine the overclock is saved to a profile in the BIOS. If you ever have to flash the BIOS, you may lose that profile, so make sure you save it to a USB stick.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks Fulax.

I will check out real temp today.

I am not going to touch my bios settings or firmware. I am just curious if Overclockers have done so. The computer came with Geforce Experience installed which made me wonder if they went to the trouble of installing the latest drivers online or if they just added everything from the GPU/Mobo install disks. I will check it out once I have time.

I tested the rig out on Witcher 2 last night using ultra settings. Surprisingly the game was playable with uber sampling enabled. However I could feel the frames dropping while moving around the mouse. Still really impressed though. After I tested it out I ran Nvidia Experience and asked it to optimise the settings. Sure enough it turned uber sampling off.

Anyway, thanks again for the information and help. I am pretty excited to start playing around and testing things out but it's time to go back to work.

Back
Top Bottom