"Titan Fusion" AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 7850+ Black Edition 2.80GHz @ 3.00GHz DDR2

Associate
Looking to buy this system with the XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card.

Just a couple of questions, I have an AMD Phenom II 940 X4 sitting on my shelf.

Can I ask for overclockers to send the computer without the CPU installed so I can use the 940 instead?
Will this reduce the price?
Will it void any warranties?

Also when choosing my OS I realised they didn't give the option for XP Pro 64-bit.
Would they be able to send the CD with the computer?
How difficult is it to install an OS.
Would this also void any warranties as I am installing it myself.

Associate
you can give them a ring, they do custom pc's,
it will reduce the price
no warranties will be voided.

They can send you the cd
foolproof. Put the cd in, click next a few times, install, sorted
no warranties will be voided.

RJC

RJC

Don
Some of the questions might be better answered if you put them in the customer forum below.

Installing the operating is fairly easy, set your disc drive to boot in the BIOS, put the cd in, save and reboot then follow on screen instructions.

Associate
I'd give them a ring rather than post in the customer service, I made a thread there yesterday, but obviously staff are busy guys, so they didn't get around to replying. I gave OcUK a call this morning and all my questions were promptly answered.

Soldato
I'd give them a ring rather than post in the customer service, I made a thread there yesterday, but obviously staff are busy guys, so they didn't get around to replying. I gave OcUK a call this morning and all my questions were promptly answered.

That would be Sunday which is our day off. :p

Can I ask for overclockers to send the computer without the CPU installed so I can use the 940 instead?
Will this reduce the price?
Will it void any warranties?

Also when choosing my OS I realised they didn't give the option for XP Pro 64-bit.
Would they be able to send the CD with the computer?
How difficult is it to install an OS.
Would this also void any warranties as I am installing it myself.

Yes we can and it will reduce the price. We will cover any warranty on the hardware but if you kill a component through misuse / neglect then unfortunately you will be on your own as you would be with a self-build.

XP 64 bit is a horrible OS, why anyone would take this over Vista I do not know which is why we do not offer this on our systems. Drivers and general compatibility make it a support nightmare.

Associate
OP
I didn't realise that XP 64 bit was a bad OS.

My uncle says stay well clear of Vista. (He works in ICT software/OS).

Should I then just get Vista Home Premium 64-bit and wait for Windows 7 64-bit?

I am looking at 64-bit only so I can get the use of of the 4GB of RAM plus the 1GB graphics card.

Thanks for everyones help.

Associate
No catch, head over to the microsoft website, follow the instructions to download it. They will also provide you with a key. It will last until July 2010 at which time your pc will shutdown every 2 hours. To avoid this you can buy a new key then.

Soldato
What's the catch?

No catch - well not for 12 months...

How do I do this?

Here's the really easy way:

Here's the direct link for Win 7 64 bit - link

However, you must right click the link and choose save as - if you left click the link it will redirect you to the W7 homepage.

And these are the 64 bit keys that you need - any will do:

Code:
MT39G-9HYXX-J3V3Q-RPXJB-RQ6D7
P72QK-2Y3B8-YDHDV-29DQB-QKWWM
MM7DF-G8XWM-J2VRG-4M3C4-GR27X
9JBBV-7Q7P7-CTDB7-KYBKG-X8HHC
KBHBX-GP9P3-KH4H4-HKJP4-9VYKQ
MVBCQ-B3VPW-CT369-VM9TB-YFGBP
C43GM-DWWV8-V6MGY-G834Y-Y8QH3
6F4BB-YCB3T-WK763-3P6YJ-BVH24
MVBCQ-B3VPW-CT369-VM9TB-YFGBP
GPRG6-H3WBB-WJK6G-XX2C7-QGWQ9

Associate
Stormbreaker,

There is no catch. Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate) is an evaluation copy of Windows 7. The Win 7 RC download will be available directly through Microsoft until August 15th of this year so hurry and download your copy now. You will receive a free Windows 7 RC product key upon entering your Windows Live address. Don't have a Windows Live address? No problem! You can create one for free. For further information and the direct download link, plese go here: http://*******.com/cwl3fs

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Back
Top Bottom