• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan Pascal

Associate
Hi There,
My spare card is a Titan X Pascal and its been getting a bit hot in our second rig , so
i want to repad and paste it.
The problem i have is that I cant find a definitive answer for what size and thickness thermaal
pad goes where.
Ive found pictures on a reddit thread but they are for an EKWB water plate.
I tried using the thickness from this picture (.5mm and 1mm) and some pads are completely untouched when i reassembled the pcb onto the cooler?

PS i know water cooling would solve this but i dont wanna second water cooled rig
TIA
Mick

Associate
OP
I'm afraid the old pads have already been removed.
Thats how i know that the pads specified in the EKWB diagram arent the correct thickness

Soldato
Looking at my notes when I did this last year, I have these sizes written down

Ram pads 1-1.25mm

VRM 0.75mm

Mofset 90x20mm 1.5mm

For the 0.75mm I would have used some soft pads like GP-EXTREME 12W/mk and just squashed 1mm down under something flat like a ruler so they didn't hold off the rest of the cooler when I fitted them. Do a few dry fits without any thermal paste to check you are getting good contact on the pads

Soldato
I ran an nzxt kraken with aio on my one it was fantastic and has a fan which cools the vrms and the memory to an extent. Or are you dead set on the stock cooler?

Man of Honour
I've not in my experience had to re-pad or re-paste a GPU yet - at least nothing within a useful lifespan - I've had some much older stuff where the paste has had its day, usually giving them a hit of compressed air (remember to prevent fans free spinning) and making sure the case, etc. is generally free of dust, has returned them to original temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom