"Titan Raptor"

Associate
Is the pre-built system on OCK good?

I am still waiting for some my money to clear b4 ordering as i was specced a PC in my other thread. But i have noticed this which is a bit more money but include the 5870 graphics card which is an expensive £300+ card??

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-199-OK&groupid=43&catid=1445&subcat=

"Titan Raptor" AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.60GHz Quad Core DDR3 System

Graphics Card Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Case Coolermaster Elite 335 Case - Black
Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 10666C9 1333MHz TwinX Dual Channel
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P AMD 770 DDR3 Motherboard
Optical Drive LG GH22NS40 22x DVD±RW SATA Dual Layer ReWriter
Power Supply Corsair TX 650W ATX SLi Compliant Power Supply
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 Quad Core 620 2.60GHz
Processor Cooler AMD Quad Core Approved CPU Cooler
Sound Card High Definition 7.1 OnBoard Sound Card
Warranty 1 Year Onsite Collect & Return Warranty

Would you say this is a good system? Either way i want it pre-built even if i call and arrange a deal. BUt would anyone buy this or think for the money u could build something better?

Again i will be purely gaming and casual browsing.

Associate
OP
Thanks

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18107228

I want to spend a little as possible but i wont be ugrading for quite a while so wud rather get a good system now. Wnat to play games like Call of Duty Modern Warefare and Battlefield BC 2 on high settings.

Played BC2 on ps3 n it was rubbish tbh but hopefully PC version will rock.

Top wack is £800 but would prefer to spend about £600 - £700 if possible. That would including any "install fee" / delivery

was thinking of ordering the AMD one on 2nd page but perhaps upgrading graphics card to 5850

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thermal paste required?

I know how to fit certain parts etc, the main worry for me is fitting the CPU & any cooler. Never done this b4. Just dont want to ruin it.

I work in IT so im not whats what but never fitted a motherboard / cpu b4.

Read the guide here but a little bit worried about the CPU n thermal paste connecting.... perhaps im worrying 2 much

Associate
OP
just called in the OCUK team and asked a rough guide to how much on top of the components to "build" the machine. and was quoted around £100. (normally).

That is just a guide so could be a lot less or more, but i think i will be building my first ever PC.

Only question b4 i order. When i install the motherboard do i need to manually set up all the settings like clock speed n things like that? Or is it all automatic. or is it a case of "install" fire up and just change the BIOS boot order etc.

Associate
OP
ok thank you all for the advice. Im going to give it a stab n build it myself taking my time. Could somoene double check my build list and advise if this is a good setup?

Thank you. Was not sure on cooling so copied the previous post.

but changed the thermal paste.

coolb.jpg

cool2.jpg

Associate
OP
i didnt think that quad core would be slow? from reading other threads i thought it was best for quad core rather than dual core? . I am after gaming so perhaps u may have corrected me. anyone else got opinion on that b4 i order?

p.s i got Windows 7 64bit ready in hand ta :)

Back
Top Bottom