"Titan Xenomorph" - Disappointing Performance Or FAULTY? -Crysis 1 Runs Like Crap

Associate
Hello,

I have had the "Titan Xenomorph Intel Core i3 530 2.93GHz @ 4.20GHz" with MSI Geforce 470 1280MB since Oct 4th 2010. And frankly it has been an utter disappointment.

I had been out of the modern gaming scene for 7+ years, just solely playing games on the Half-Life 1 engine. I decided it was time to invest in a gaming machine. Not really familiar with all the new gear I assumed this machine would do the job.

I have tried a wide range of games: Dead Rising 2, Batman, Dead Set 1+2, HL2, Battlefield BC2, Crysis, Homefront, Singularity, Bioshock, Assassins Creed Brotherhood 2 and several more.

The 3rd person "consoley" type games run relatively well, I can keep a fairly solid 60fps with Vsync on medium settings in x 1080 res, BUT most of the FPS run badly. Crysis isn't even playable. Even on medium settings on x 720 res, the frame rate is all over. I can't even average 60. It drops to as low as 20s in some areas. It is the same for most first person games. The only ones that ran well were HL2.

I confirmed my disappointment when I played Homefront yesterday. Can't even average 60fps in that either. It runs better than Crysis, but I still miss shots because the frame rate isn't stable.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well, thanks for the responses.

Here is my "Vantage score": http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3006796;jsessionid=1BA10D514CE70CE94F84FB86C54D74EA?show_ads=true&page=%2F3dmv%2F3006796%3Fkey%3D5wKpX7B7SN8vBDHbk0fvq0vTjbAfhY or http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3006796 No idea if that is good or bad.

Like "pcAnywhere" said, If needed I'll raise a webnote when I see your comments on the Vantage score.

edit: I asked here first instead of a webnote becuase OCUK could have told me anything and said it's fine. Not that they do but you get what I am saying. ;)

edit2: it says "Graphics driver is not approved". That might be because I tried out beta drivers yesterday. I will revert back and try again soon.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do the 3Dmark Vantage test prove that it is running like crap? Because they mean nothing to me. If yes, then I can speak to OCUK.

Thanks for all the responses. I am impressed!

*(staps on my anti-static wrist strap and looks inside.)*

Associate
OP
I have had this machine since Oct 2010, and probably done around 3 fresh formats/re-install Windows and used maybe 3 versions of the Nvidia drivers as of their release dates. The moby drivers haven't changed since getting it.

I'll format for tomorrow so I can tick that off. I will just install Crysis and Homfront after the fresh Windows installation & drivers. Nothing else.

Thanks again all.

And just to clarify, it is the first person shooters that run rather bad, like Homefront and Crysis. The 3rd person console type ones run much more satisfactory. I have to vsync games though or find out how to limit framesPS because I hate how the frame rates fluctuate from say 100 to 50.

Associate
OP
Nah, I don't mess with the nvidia settings (I just have just reset them, again) nor do I in games. Just the preset options. I.e. low, med, high graphics.

edit: Forgot to mention I took the card out and put it back, checked all cables. NO result.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom