Titan Xenomorph question

Associate
Hi guys,

A mate of mine bought a Titan Xenomorph a couple months back.

Am I right in thinking that hte i3 has two more cores that could be unlocked or am I confusing it with another processor?

If it does, would OcUK have done this prior to the overclock (4.2ghz) and if not, how does he check this and unlock them?

I'm presuming somewhere in BIOS but a brief guide would be really helpful.

Thanks peeps,

Wu

Just another thought on something:

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz OC 4.20Ghz 23 °C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 573MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H55M-UD2H (Socket 1156)

Does that ratio look right to you? An overclock to 4.2Ghz and ram at 573 ?? I'm a layman and can't help him that much.

Helllo guys. Will it be possible to upgrade cpu in Titan Xenomorph to an i5 in near future ?

Yes. An i7 too.

Hi Cepera, and welcome to the forums! :D

yes to i5
yes to i7 but must be an i7 8**, not 9** model, as the 9 series use a different chipset (x58)

in either case you would have to overclock the new CPU yourself, or leave it at stock speeds, as the 4.2ghz offered is for the CPU provided (i3).

an i5 6** should be quite easy to clock, but will provide no real benefit as it is just an i3 with higher turbo settings (which are slower than the 4.2ghz static OC)

an i5 750/760 or i7 8** series would punish the motherboard a bit more as they are true quad cores, thus requiring more power, the motherboard provided with this computer (H55M-UD2H) is very much a budget board, and as such may be difficult to get a decent overclock with a true quad

in summary, your (sensible) options are:

-stick with the i3, and your excessive overclock :D
- i5 760, at pretty much stock speeds

Last edited:
Hello and happy new year to everyone. Last night my titan xenomorph decided to day :( I was watching a movie on Tv and before I went to watch I movie I tried to install assasins creed 2 and it didnt went well so I delete it and left the pc alone. After some time it went to sleep and I waked him up and left it alone. Then after some time it went to sleep and tried to start, but failed like it was restarting constatly. I tried to switch it on and I couldn't. I switched it off. Then I turned off at the back and left for time beind and tried to boot up but there is no image and all the lights are lit on mobo. Prior to this a hard drive that came with bundle died so i used old one. Also on my first install after rebooting the BSOD came up. Then on 2 install It started to freeze, but that was kasperskys fault. Maybe because of re-installs I did something wrong, I havent touched anything inside. I adore the system, but something is wrong, this all happened within 2 weeks when I picked up my pc. I'm worried. Any help or advice will be appreciated. At the moment I feel like I bought a cat in a bag rather then a titan. But Overcklocers are good company ...

Hi Cepera, and welcome to the forums! :D

yes to i5
yes to i7 but must be an i7 8**, not 9** model, as the 9 series use a different chipset (x58)

in either case you would have to overclock the new CPU yourself, or leave it at stock speeds, as the 4.2ghz offered is for the CPU provided (i3).

an i5 6** should be quite easy to clock, but will provide no real benefit as it is just an i3 with higher turbo settings (which are slower than the 4.2ghz static OC)

an i5 750/760 or i7 8** series would punish the motherboard a bit more as they are true quad cores, thus requiring more power, the motherboard provided with this computer (H55M-UD2H) is very much a budget board, and as such may be difficult to get a decent overclock with a true quad

in summary, your (sensible) options are:

-stick with the i3, and your excessive overclock :D
- i5 760, at pretty much stock speeds

Hello. Thanks for the inform :)
Only when i use program like cpu-z it says that current speed is at 3.07 ?

Back
Top Bottom