Titan Xp hybrid cooler

Associate
Hi guys,

Apologies if there's already a similar thread but I did a search and couldn't find anything here.

So, I managed to get a good deal on an Xp over the Christmas and after trying a bit of overclocking I got it to around 2100mhz stable on the stock blower. Happy with that but boy is it loud and hot.

So basically I want to do this, but with whatever cheap cooler I can find to do the job:

Most googling I've done on this has everyone using that EVGA hybrid kit. Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of a bespoke cooler like them, but I figure I can find something out there to do the job. I was thinking maybe a similar style round block cooler to fit in the gap. And as far as brackets and such go, I work in fabrication plus I own several 3D printers, so fixings shouldn't be a problem.

I guess I was just wondering has anyone else here attempted this with their own Xp/1080/70, and if so, how did you get on? If not then I guess I'll figure it out as I go and hopefully post my progress here.

Soldato
The main challenge will be keeping the VRM and memory cool, hence there usually being a fan remaining on the board. Memory might get by with passive heatsinks and airflow, but the VRMs in a chunky card like that will need active cooling.

Interested to see how this goes as I often produce my own fittings and mounts :)

Soldato
I have a 1070 cooled with an AIO and a G10 cut down to the bare minimum of necessary size to hold the cooler. No additional fan or RAMsinks. But the card is only used for Folding@Home so memory usage is really low (<400MB) and of course these can't be over-volted. It's pretty straight-forward.

The rig in question is a Meshify C with a Corsair 120mm AIO for the CPU and a Corsair 280mm AIO for the 1070. GPU at full load runs around 49-52 depending on the particular piece of science it's doing.

Back
Top Bottom