• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan Z reviews

Associate
Yes

You could near enough buy 3 Titan Blacks.

Or perhaps if you were going to buy 2x Titan Zs it might fit in a motherboard with less PCI slots, but with the money saved from buying 4x Titan blacks you could buy a new motherboard.

I think these cards are to con people who don't relise they use SLI and think they are getting the fastest single GPU.

Man of Honour
OP
Yes! At the price compared to the competition!

The name NVidia does have 2 'i' so they do see the mugs coming.:D

I really don't like this card as it offers nothing that can not be done better by 2 Titan Blacks. There is not even a good argument for it to be used where space is tight as the cooler is a triple slot job and the heat getting dumped into a small case will cause problems compared to 2 reference Titan Blacks which eject the heat out the back.

Soldato
What is the point of this card. Why not just buy 2x Titan Blacks, Wouldn't it be cheaper and faster?

You could also have bought a pair of 7970's instead of a 7990, two 680's instead of one 690, two 290X instead of a 295X2, etc. For some the single card tax is worth it (weirdos lol).

Soldato
I really don't like this card as it offers nothing that can not be done better by 2 Titan Blacks. There is not even a good argument for it to be used where space is tight as the cooler is a triple slot job and the heat getting dumped into a small case will cause problems compared to 2 reference Titan Blacks which eject the heat out the back.

Pretty much sums up my opinion too, on the plus side, at least we know the GTX790 will be cheaper XD

Caporegime
BS, here is Nvidia promoting it as built for gamers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iww4DdPMdbs

Got to love how some of these reviewers use the same BS over and over again. they also did it with the original Titan.

And yet even Nvidia's own marketing Gumph aims it squarely at Gamers.

GeForce GTX TITAN Z
GeForce® GTX™ TITAN Z is a gaming monster, the fastest graphics card we’ve built to power the most extreme PC gaming rigs on the planet. Stacked with 5760 cores and 12 GB of memory, this dual GPU gives you the power to drive even the most insane multi-monitor displays and 4K hyper PC machines.
http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan-z

Interesting tho that Nvidia haven't claimed back "the fastest graphics card" title

Last edited:
Caporegime
Seemingly no reviews, no press samples and one set of benchmarks(that I've seen) suggest well.... that Nvidia asked reviewers to benchmark in a particular way, got a surprising(considering history of so many websites) no from basically all so Nvidia won't actually allow anyone to review it.

You know the card is good when you give a site I've never seen before an exclusive, some not awful looking numbers but no one else is allowed to do their own numbers/review....... :p

Back
Top Bottom