• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

OcUK Staff
Guys

3072 Cores
12GB VRAM with 384-Bit interface
1002Mhz base clock
1089MHz boost clock
7010MHz memory.
1x6 Pin & 1x 8-Pin!

All Cards will be NVIDIA built with NVIDIA Titan all black cooler, likely to be no custom designs as per past Titans. :)

Products go live for ordering on OcUK tomorrow at 14:00, expect a price of £799-£999 delivered, to be confirmed. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
£799 is awesome, well done to Nvidia for setting the price at a great price point and OCUK for not ripping the pish. I do realise there's £999 cards but for there to be a TX at £799 is awesome really.

Could I get £799 for my 980's ? :D:D

£799 is absolute best case, final price is still undecided, unfortunately if they had launched this 3-4 weeks ago it would have being:

$999 / 1.55 = £645*1.2 = £775 so £799 was possible a shipping would be about $10 per card.

Unfortunately rate has being plummeting last few weeks:

$999 / 1.47 = £679*1.2 = £815 and then add shipping.

So if NVIDIA price it at £799 in the UK, they will be doing a great job, reality is that is the absolute very best you can expect, it is far more likely to be between £799 - £999 as I originally suggested, so £899. ;)

P.S. Just to really upset things, at 980 launch GBP was even stronger, so would have being $999 / 1.64 = £609*1.2 = £730, so if we had those rates now hell £749 could be possible. :(

OcUK Staff
OP
My understanding is that there is no dual pricing. The two prices quoted are a minimum and maximum that OCUK expect it to be.

Correct and based on how weak the pound is now against USD my guess is we will be lucky to see £799 and I am betting on £899. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Have you not even bought any stock yet then??
Or is that not how it works, and you part with the reddies after launch?

NVIDIA decide the price. We then buy stock and pay for it 30-60 days later, if the rate weakens more then we lose more money, or rate strengthens we make more money.

OcUK Staff
OP
Didn't know that, learn something new everyday.
I'm guessing some of your big price cuts you do are based around the fluctuations on the dollar price?

Soooo it's not a straight dollar conversion? Or has the $999 price everyone has talked about not yet final?

Most prices are going up, look at CPUs, 4790k retails were around £250 a couple of months ago, they are now closer to £300 than they are to £250.

Discounts at such times come normally from a distributor or manufacturer doing deals based on volume or clearing aged stock.

But when GBP weakens like it has done last couple of months does make it harder. Of course if GBP regains strength it makes future replenishing lower cost which eventually filters into pricing and if a deal is done at same time as GBP has strengthened then that is like double whammy which can help give a far greater price reduction.

OcUK Staff
OP
I used the government site to work it out and even being over generous on shipping and insurance costs it came to about £950 ;)

Simple fact is I can afford to buy a £999 graphics card and have it in my hands tomorrow.

But guess what I can save £50 and buy from USA, but it will take several days to get here and if it breaks then any saving I make is lost.

99.9% of customers will pay the additional £50 and buy from UK.

But as I suggested I am expecting it to be £899, £799 best case, both are cheaper than buying and importing from USA.

OcUK Staff
OP
Nope that's not how it will work.

Gibbo has pretty much confirmed all models will be similar priced.

NVIDIA will recommend a base price, lets say they go for £899 recommended. That means lowest ones will be around £899, then brands with better warranties will maybe be a little more or brands with poorer warranties be a little less.

Then cards such as an OC model, be about £50 premium and any watercooled version £100-£200 premium.

I think they will be around £899, if we see £799 then we have being blessed by the NVIDIA gods.

OcUK Staff
OP
Why is shipping to UK more than to the US? , surely the bulk sent would serve the entire EU and would all come from China anyway ;)

Also since the collapse of the Euro what will CaseKing charge will it be a lot more?

Potentially, crazy as it sounds because GBP is so weak OcUK has had a huge uplift in customers from USA and Canada, particular on memory as shipping a memory kit to USA is like around £20, so were finding a lot of international customers are buying RAM from us at present.

Only yesterday customers in USA and Canada purchased all our Avexir Raiden stock. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Why is shipping to UK more than to the US? , surely the bulk sent would serve the entire EU and would all come from China anyway ;)

Also since the collapse of the Euro what will CaseKing charge will it be a lot more?

It is not but none of the hubs are in the UK, so all stock goes to Europe, the extra charge for shipping is from European hub to UK warehouse.

Sometimes we can skip out European hub with some brands, where they ship direct from their warehouse in China directly into OcUK warehouse, but they do tend to be more expensive brands.

OcUK Staff
OP
Never made any sense to me, even when the £ was high we was always getting rip off britain prices so sadly when it's low it's just going higher based on the idea of economics but we was already paying a little more anyway. I know VAT and all that but it reminds me of when games consoles like PS4 would be $350 in us and then around £300 in UK or other silly prices.

Either way these cards seem quite nice as single cards but they do look a little pricey for me. Hope everyone who buys one enjoys it but I agree with some of the others that performance looks a bit weaker than I'd have liked for the price.

Well it clearly makes a difference, I remember selling 4790k as low as £230ish on OcUK with the prices always being around £250ish, now they are getting closer and closer to £300.

Another example 5820k, at launch was under £300, now it is over. :(

Nearly everything is purchased in USD, pound weakens, prices goes up, pound strengthens prices goes down.

Do you not remember GTX 970 at £239 inc and GTX 980 at £359 inc? These have gone up drastically.

Its not hard to make sense of, it is really rather simple, check www.xe.com and you can check live rate and a bank will normally give you slightly under live rate.

OcUK Staff
OP
What confuses me is then why start at £799 ? Why not just have a price range of £500-£1000 ? or £0-£1000 ?

I read it as £799 will be the cheapest, some vendors in between then the most expensive at £999

£799-£999 was the educated guess at price, with me stating to expect around £899 as £799 would actually be below cost based on current weak GBP vs USD.

I now know the price and well my guess was pretty damn close. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo can I have mine before Greg ?

I'm willing to pay more :D

Well those who ordered EVGA within the first like literally two minutes should get a card next week with a lot more EVGA arriving the following week. EVGA pretty much shipped all their stock to just two retailers, ourselves and one other, both of who sold out the initial allocation within 5 minutes of going live.

EVGA are working on getting a lot more stock into Europe by next week or so. :)

Next week arriving in FREE stock I shall have:

Asus: about 5 units spare at current.
Gigabyte: loads of units spare at current so a great one to grab.
MSI: about 10 units spare at current.
OcUK: about 10 units spare at current.

In short if your not focused on brand, then middle of next week we expect huge volume of Gigabyte so ordering Gigabyte now should see you with a Titan X in your hands by next weekend. :)

Back
Top Bottom