• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TitanZ: delayed indefinitely?

Soldato
According to kitguru, the titanZ won't be making an appearance at all

http://www.kitguru.net/components/g...n-z-makes-no-show-seems-delayed-indefinitely/

I'm not surprised if its true, as the price of the card was just daft. It was hard enough justifying the price of the titan cards, but the dual solution of the titan blacks is just a step too far in my opinion. I'm sure that opinion is shared my the vast majority of people on this forum also, so this card won't be mourned if the news is true by either sides of the GPU camp.

Soldato
OP
Nah, titan black is a 780 ti card with twice as much RAM and double precision compute shaders settings.

The titanZ was two downclocked titan black cards on the same pcb, yet the original article that kitguru linked infers that the 295x2 being VASTLY cheaper and offering better performance, has forced nvidia back to the drawing board.

I welcome this if the latter is indeed correct, as it'll give consumers far better value for money in the long run.

Soldato
OP
There isn't a single person on this forum, regardless of how fanboy, who could justify the pricetag on this card. Wouldn't even matter if it was 20% faster than a 295x2 (which it isnt) as its price is just daft. Really confusing product if I'm honest and I own over a grands worth of Nvidia hardware in the PC i'm typing this on.

Back
Top Bottom