Today could be the day...

Soldato
that i wave good bye to the st. im not gonna say too much incase the deal falls through. But, its 3 seconds faster (as standard) than an sti on the top gear track :D

also, this particular one isnt standard. about 285bhp ;) can you guess what it is? should be easy.

Soldato
OP
because, as i said i might not get it yet and im not in the habit of getting excited about something thats not certain or telling people about it. ;p

Associate
ok, I am confused, its saturday morning, after the friday night... but
Why make a post about it at all? You must be excited to come and post here about a vehicle that you may not even get!

I mean, I could make a post about me getting something, but the deal may fall through, so I wont tell you. A pointless post, unless the deal is firm :D

Soldato
FakeSnake said:
so by that reckoning its a 911 GT3 or a tvr350c?
if thats the case, damn man, you should be SO excited your pants start to bulge!

They're both way over 285bhp though, 409 and 350

So it can't be three seconds faster than an STI

Soldato
OP
er, R32 Golf. Old shape, according to the top gear episode, its 1 second slower than the focus rs and 3 seconds quicker than an sti.

Associate
Wayn0r said:
er, R32 Golf. Old shape, according to the top gear episode, its 1 second slower than the focus rs and 3 seconds quicker than an sti.
cool, I love the R32, on of my colleagues at work has a 2005 model.

shame the TG site does not keep all the track records.

edit : Although, looking here, the Focus RS is quite a bit down on the STi
sure you have your numbers right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Laps

Last edited:
Associate
Just watched the vid, and I make 1:33 about 3 sec slower than the STI.
All JC mentioned was the Subaru Impreza.. I dont think he was on about the STI.

Nice car all the same, I remember my 1st car. A 1983 Golf GTi (the last of the 1.6) registration ypp690x, sadly I cannot trace it at all.

Back
Top Bottom