Tofu.... ??

Soldato
Is it better to cook the Tofu then marinate it to cook again later or to marinate first then cook

Better to bake in oven or fry ?

Also should I squish it to get rid of juices so it can soak up more marination ?

First time cooking Tofu

Soldato
OP
So I drained, pressed, marinated, baked in the oven for 25 minutes and then had it later thrown in with some egg fried rice & beansprouts, turned out quite well

Going to try frying instead of baking next time

Soldato
OP
I shall try the freezer experience as well, probably going to get a few packs (I went a little crazy at the Chinese supermarket on sauce jars) so freezing won't be a problem

Soldato
OP
Wife's been veggie for a year or two now and we're looking for some tofu inspirations. Anyone got any simple/easy to follow recipes?

We did a tofu scrambled on toast (alternative to real eggs) and thought it was great.

The Tofoo brand isn't cheap to buy. Is there like a place to go to order large quantity?

Most Asian meals you can replace the meat with Tofu, although now with a lot of choice for imitation vegi mince & chicken it's probably easier to just use them than Tofu

Just make sure to use the right Tofu, I tried an asian dish with some Chinese BBQ sauce but wrongly used silken tofu and it was disgusting, would have been good in a desert though

Back
Top Bottom