Tomb Raider 2: Rise of the Tomb Raider Announced

Caporegime
Announced at E3 during the Microsoft press conference.

REDWOOD CITY, CA (June 9, 2014) – Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider® series, Rise of the Tomb Raider ® . The game will redefine survival action in Holiday 2015.

In her first adventure, Lara Croft® was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

“With the power of the new generation, and our proprietary Foundation engine, our high octane action moments will be even more epic. Multiple locations around the world will be filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth and over three times larger than we could achieve before,” said Darrell Gallagher, Head of Product Development and Western Studios at Square Enix. “Our digital actors will rival CG quality, and after hearing the cry from our fans loud and clear, we will put the tombs back into Tomb Raider, all in our gritty Survival-Action style.”

Rise of the Tomb Raider builds upon the formula that made Tomb Raider a success, and features the return of Camilla Luddington as Lara Croft. Camilla will take character performance to new heights as Lara pushes herself beyond human limits and is confronted with what it means to become a hero. Once again, Crystal Dynamics is proud to have the award-winning author Rhianna Pratchett as a key member of the writing team, helping craft a story that delves into Lara’s inner turmoil and motivations in this critical second act of her journey.

Reveal trailer:

Loved the first game and I'm so glad we are getting a sequel.

Caporegime
OP
is this just next gen and pc, or are we going to get a crippled game because they want to release it on the ps3 and 360

I wish this fallacy would stop, in most circumstances the studio responsible develops for the current gen consoles, whilst another studio does the PS360 version, this has been seen with Forza Horizon 2, COD:AW.

Either way, from what I have seen so far, there is no news on what systems, although I wouldn't be surprised with a PS360 offering.

Caporegime
OP
I'm pleasently surprised how well this has reviewed.

Will pick it up at Christmas as too into CoD at the moment, but it's good to know it's a great game, just more of the same like the first one is A-OK with me.

Caporegime
OP
No idea on pre order numbers, but that's the PAL sales chart figures from the GAF thread, so they were either BS preorder numbers or people cancelled orders because of other reasons.

Caporegime
OP
Just finished this... Absolutely incredible. Better than the first in every way, and the first was incredible.

That's good to hear!

I am so tempted to buy this tonight (to hell with the fact I have so many games on my list still to play and finish and despite the fact I'm neck deep in CoD MP progression).

Caporegime
OP
The thing about this game and SF5 is that they've been multi platforms for years now. I'm totally against making an existing multi platform game a console exclusive. It's just utter greed from the publisher and benefits nobody BUT the publisher.

They haven't made Tomb Raider a console exclusive though. It's only timed.

Caporegime
OP
Completed it today, amazing game. Loved every second of it. I will go back at some point and mop up the rest of the easy achievements, got most of the goofy ones and just going for the combat ones next.

Then I'll decide if I want to do the other mode ones, will wait for the season pass to go on sale.

Caporegime
OP
Just fired this up for another play through but it just crashes every time. I load into the menu and start the game and it goes to the loading screen then the sound crashes and loops and it returns to the Xbox dashboard ?

I have tried loading one of my saves but it does the same thing ?

Bit of a pain.

I had this, my save was corrupt, if you choose 'load game' instead of continue and hold LT+RT it will revert back to an old backup save (youw ill be a little back from where you are) but it should work OK and load up fine.

Back
Top Bottom