Tony Blair cancels book signing

Soldato
BBC News said:
Tony Blair cancels book signing amid protest fears

Mr Blair told Daybreak on ITV1 it was "not as if we need" to do signings

Tony Blair has cancelled a planned book signing in London on Wednesday to prevent causing the public and the police "a lot of hassle".

Lindsey German, convener of the Stop The War Coalition, said the former prime minister "was too frightened to appear at the book signing because he knows that the protests represent widespread opposition to his war-mongering".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11197376

Well, I'm utterly disappointed and fairly angry as to why this has happened. I was going to go up to London with some friends on Wednesday, and was really looking forward to the opportunity to meet him and perhaps pop a question or two. Unfortunately, however, the anti-war lobby had different plans. So thank you, it just goes to show that you can influence a former prime minister with nothing but eggs, shoes and violence.

At least the Stop The War Coalition don't have to live up to their promise of closing every Waterstones store in the country, now. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
I think that you may find that there is a lot more to do in London than try to catch a fleeting glimpse of Butcher Blair.

As it happens, you would have been most unlikely to have engaged him in conversation or "popped a question or two" - that is absolutely forbidden in case you embarrass him.

Much as Blair had in mind in the case of Iraq when he joined up with the madman Bush to launch "shock and Awe" . . . but without the eggs and shoes . . . just the relentless, mindless violence :mad:
What? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom