Too white, Too Straight.

Soldato
This is the result of putting quotas on these kind of issues. Companies, and the police in this case, are more worried about the quota than maintaining a high standard.

Caporegime
Good to see common sense prevail for a change.

This was odd, though:

his dream job in the police

the applicant - who studied particle physics and cosmology at Lancaster University

Very weird. If the police force was his 'dream job', why did he bother taking a degree in two fields completely unrelated to law enforcement?

'Hi, I'd like to join the army. It's my dream job!'
'OK, what's your background? Any related experience or qualifications?'
'Yes! I carefully prepared for this role by taking a degree in classical Greek literature at the University of Wolverhampton.'
'Perfect, welcome to HM armed forces!'

:confused:

Caporegime
They can dress it up however they want but it's just reverse discrimination, at the end of the day an individual has been denied an opportunity due to his ethnicity and sexual orientation but then when you have a collective mentality that only sees people as groups rather than individuals this is the sort of thing that happens.

Associate
To be deny a job based on the colour of the candidates skin or sexual orientation is disgusting and reprehensible.

I'm glad he has pursued this and won. I completely disagree with any listing of ethnicity or sexual preferences on application forms. If they're so obsessed with monitoring it should be with present staff not applicants

Caporegime
The best candidate for any job is always a disabled, twenty-something black trans woman.

If you don't agree you're probably a middle-aged, white cis male. You evil scum, you.

Soldato
It's something that has been happening in South Africa for some time, known as the "brain drain", due to the political mess in the country now, trying to find a job as a white person is nigh on impossible, even if your the most qualified for the job with multiple degrees, they will still favour an under qualified black person.

Obviously the issues in SA are based on the ruling political party being bat **** crazy, but the same could be said about our PC culture here, the scales have tipped too far the wrong way.

Soldato
Seems legit.

Got to love how the immediate recourse by apologists for this sort of thing is so often a mocking dismissal or rolling of eyes as if that carries any intellectual weight.

James Damore was fired from Google for pointing out their systemic bias against people who were male, for example. And bizarrely you don't even have to be White to be a victim of this bias, you just have to disagree with the ideology. Apple fired their head of diversity (a Black woman) for saying that diversity of thought was more important than diversity of skin colour. They replaced her with a White woman who did say that skin colour was more important than what you thought. Just the other day, the Black police chief of Portland was harangued at a town hall meeting by a mob of Antifa types (i.e. mostly White, mostly Middle Class parents, mostly University Educated) who called her a sell-out and a race-traitor for "not centering her Blackness".

It's insanity. There's evident bias against people who are White or Male or Straight. And they'll even attack successful people who are none of these things if don't complain about oppression and hold themselves up as representatives of whatever social identity has been assigned to them.

BBC ad from a year or two ago:
BBC-Ad.png

Soldato
It's the same old problem of people working around problems to reach their quotas without necessarily doing what the quotas were intended to achieve. Need to get a greater proportion of minorities into your police force, but can't attract them to the career? Then reduce the number of white, straight males who are qualified and want to do the job, and then point at the rising percentage of minorities in the force. Job done, bonuses received, promotions all around.

Reducing the majority is not the same as increasing the minority in situations like this. Even the likes of Trevor Phillips keep explaining how this has done more harm than good, because it makes everything about race, instead of the other cultural, social and economic issues that also play their part. While you're not addressing all the other reasons minorities don't want a career in the police, you're not going to make much progress.

Caporegime
Yep, seen it myelf in my engineering industry as well.

Historically white male area. Saw perfectly good engineers and technicians getting passed over for promotion in favour of female or minority staff.
The company I worked for actually had two separate days dedicated to females and minority groups!

What was ironic was our African projects had local content requirements where all staff had to be African.

Seems legit.

Guess that's 2 of us making it up eh?

Back
Top Bottom