Toolless RJ45 connectors?

Associate
Planning ahead for when I move into a 2 bed flat, floorplan below. I think the fibre connection comes in next to the lounge window.
I plan to use bedroom 2 as a home office. Rather have my desktop connected via ethernet to get the best speed from the connection, so hoping i can drill through the wall into bedroom 1 and run cat6 cable around the bedroom, drill holes in the closet and out into bedroom 2.
Will need to be a big hole to feed a RJR5 connector through and never crimped a cable together myself before. Seen toolless connectors that look easy enough. Anyone used them and recommend?

As it's not a big place, would mesh wi-fi be an alternative to the drilling into walls and would the conenction speed go down much? Be on Full Fibre - FTTH 160/160.

MIbDeYfe_o.jpg

Thanks. The toolless ones looks easier to put the wires into? Do you get close to the full speed on the mesh setup ElliorR?

Yeah using sockets would be a nice option but there's less than 2 inches between the cupboard door frames and the walls. I'm not a DIY'er and it's usally not straight forward with me so I dunno what I'll do for sure yet.
Don't mind forking out for a good MESH kit, but want make sure getting best out the fibre connection which isn't cheap and everyone say's ethernet cable if possible, anything else if a downgrade.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom