Top Amazon PSU Falsely Claimed 80 Plus Gold

Soldato
Interesting that the reply touches on the chinese attitude about face. Also that steve felt he had to clarify his "western" position.

No one likes it but advertising someone elses problems is considered a personal insult to a person or organisation there. It can attract what westerners might consider unreasonable responses. That's on a scale from the government downwards.

Man of Honour
Being a top seller on Amazon doesn't automatically means it's good. Let's face it, the majority of people who bought this on Amazon know little or nothing at all about PSU's. They need a PSU, look on there and see a fully modular 850w PSU that is supposedly gold rated for only £82 and buy it thinking that they have bought a bargain. In reality they should be asking themselves why is it that cheap when others with the same features are quite a bit more expensive? Price is everything to many people and actually doing research into a product goes out the window when they see what looks to be a amazing deal. I wonder how many other "bargain" PSU's on there are below spec or just outright rubbish?

Associate
I'm not going to defend them, but even GN made a point about the possibility of having sent in a cherry picked (more insidious) or Golden Sample (dumb luck) in for original grade testing.

The Seasonic TX700 and the Silverstone NJ700 is supposed to be the same unit by all intents and purposes, but the Cybenetics report between them has the Seasonic as Titanium efficiency, whilst the Silverstone was only a Silver efficiency on one of the reports. But they gave totally different results during their testing there by Cybentics. So stuff like that can happen.

But in all honesty, I'm just glad we're not hearing about another Gigabyte right now.

Back
Top Bottom