Top Gun: Maverick

Associate
Bucking the trend here but saw this last night with the missus and we both thought it was utter pap.

I love the original but this was a poor cut and paste with a few minor tweaks. Gutted as we really wanted to love it.

The opening sequence & music on the carrier was great but that's about it unfortunately ☹️

Soldato
OP
Bucking the trend here but saw this last night with the missus and we both thought it was utter pap.

I love the original but this was a poor cut and paste with a few minor tweaks. Gutted as we really wanted to love it.

The opening sequence & music on the carrier was great but that's about it unfortunately ☹️
No standing ovation :confused:

Associate
Watched on Monday. Was first time been to cinema in 20 years!
Certainly the quality of Movie to make the effort to go and see on big screen & made sure to re-watch the original Top Gun again before going.
BONUS Had entire cinema to myself! which was somewhat weird feeling but I watch movies alone at home so was kind of nice to not be dealing with audience disturbances (but did have to nip out for a pee (during the Val Kilmer bit) ....shame no remote control.
8.5/10

Permabanned
Watched on Monday. Was first time been to cinema in 20 years!
Certainly the quality of Movie to make the effort to go and see on big screen & made sure to re-watch the original Top Gun again before going.
BONUS Had entire cinema to myself! which was somewhat weird feeling but I watch movies alone at home so was kind of nice to not be dealing with audience disturbances (but did have to nip out for a pee (during the Val Kilmer bit) ....shame no remote control.
8.5/10
Should have ****** in a cup if you was on your own, I would have :cry:

Soldato
Feels like it's been forever to get released...

It got a long initial release, and then a re-release in a lot of US theatres. The movie has now surpassed Avengers Infinity War at the US domestic box office, and that's in great part to the timing of the release and how long it's been making good money before even coming out on streaming/physical media.

They've been milking the film, but why wouldn't you if people still want to go back and watch it over and over in the cinemas?

Back
Top Bottom