Top Hits in Sarafi - DIE!!

Man of Honour
Hello - I should start by saying I am useless with Macs and I hate my MacBook pro. Every so often I come across something which I can't immediately solve and I get in a huff :p

Why, oh why, can I not disable the 'top hits' function in Safari? I type a word in the address bar, I press enter, and rather than sending me to search results it send me to a webpage of its choice. That is so ****ing annoying!!! **** off!!!

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of this highly irritating feature? :p

I have tried with the various options / settings but to no avail so clearly I am missing something obvious.

Cheers!!

JRS

JRS

Soldato
I looked this up before for someone else, and the consensus seemed to be that you can't disable it. Because why would Apple go and do a silly thing like allow you to control the behaviour of the browser? :rolleyes::p

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Do you mean the Safari google suggestions?

It's a separate thing from that I think Feek.

Link.

As of Safari 13.1 (perhaps earlier versions as well), Safari has changed the search bar behavior: where the first result used to always be "do a search on search engine with the text I entered", the first result is now a "top hit" which seems to be anything from your history that matches the text you entered.

Back
Top Bottom