Top Spin 2 demo (360-live)

Associate
lordrobs said:
I think its something to do with how they are coded which means if someone playing @ 50Hz plays someone over live who is playing @ 60 Hz the game would be out of sync. Thats what I've heard anyway...
Nah, it's a problem the developer hasn't noticed to change, basically, it'll say 50Hz if you plug in your original leads, but if you put in HD or plug in a VGA lead, then it says it's still in 50Hz (which it isn't, HD is 60Hz on the 360) - and the game has a mini-fit. Stupid really, since developers should be aware of it.

Associate
peahead said:
Cant even play the demo it says i need to set my 360 to pal 60 but it already set to pal 60 im useing the monster component leads which dont have a switch like the official ones.

Dead or alive requires pal 60 to work and works just fine so why doesnt the demo of topspin.
Because it's in HD and in 60hz, but it takes the reading from the settings if you were to have it in non-HD, annoyingly.

Soldato
OP
can anyone confirm if the "offical" microsoft VGA cable has a switch to turn HD mode off ?

for example so i could change the pal settings so i could play this game?

ps- someone who has the offical cable that could answer would be great.

Associate
movingtables said:
can anyone confirm if the "offical" microsoft VGA cable has a switch to turn HD mode off ?

for example so i could change the pal settings so i could play this game?

ps- someone who has the offical cable that could answer would be great.
No, there is no switch to do that, only on the HDTV cables.

The only way (again) is to use a SCART or HDTV lead to alter it.

Soldato
I thought it was the same as the DOA4 issue, after it had downloaded I saw that it wasn't :o serves me right for selling my standard cable after buying the VGA :o

Soldato
OP
*******POST UPDATE 7TH MAY 2006**********

I have a plan i do ..

IF i buy a scart cable and switch my xbox to pal 60 and stick my VGA cable
back on will all my other games that work fine now still work or will i have to switch cables and switch back to pal 50 everytime?
also after switching back to pal60 then back to VGA will my dvd playback be choppy as i heard this can happen in pal60? but i guess once im back to VGA its not truely pal60 its just kidding the odd game right?

good grief i hope you guys could follow that.

Soldato
OP
movingtables said:
*******POST UPDATE 7TH MAY 2006**********

I have a plan i do ..

IF i buy a scart cable and switch my xbox to pal 60 and stick my VGA cable
back on will all my other games that work fine now still work or will i have to switch cables and switch back to pal 50 everytime?
also after switching back to pal60 then back to VGA will my dvd playback be choppy as i heard this can happen in pal60? but i guess once im back to VGA its not truely pal60 its just kidding the odd game right?

good grief i hope you guys could follow that.

Soldato
movingtables said:

Best as I understand what you said:

If you switch to 60HZ, it does it for all games, because you do it in the Xbox 360 Dash. Once you have done that, simply plug back in the VGA cable and you should never have the problem again.

Buy the RGB cable from game, and see if it works... if it does then take the cable back there and just swap it in for store credit or something, I dont think the 10 day exchange applies to hardware.

Soldato
OP
Dark_Angel said:
Best as I understand what you said:

If you switch to 60HZ, it does it for all games, because you do it in the Xbox 360 Dash. Once you have done that, simply plug back in the VGA cable and you should never have the problem again.

Buy the RGB cable from game, and see if it works... if it does then take the cable back there and just swap it in for store credit or something, I dont think the 10 day exchange applies to hardware.

thanks thats what i ment.
hope my dvd playback doesnt suffer though lol...

Back
Top Bottom