Total folding newbite...errr can't get it to work

Capodecina
Soldato
Right, go easy here because I haven't done anything with Folding up till now.

Problem is I can't get it to work and I'm sure it's because I haven't done something very basic.

I followed the guide, opened the thing in Fahmon and all I get is a 'client inactive' orange box next to my two clients. Anything I could be doing wrong?

Oh, maybe I should mention that I couldn't find FAH in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE in the registry anywhere...

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I've rebooted a couple of times but still nothing.

Downloaded the client
Created two folders - one for each core
Configured the shortcuts using IDs 1 and 2 for each folder
Installed the service, rebooted
started Fahmon and got orange and not green

Also the console just says 'completed 0 out of 125xxxxx steps' and doesn't do anything else :(

Soldato
Would you say the guide could be improved to mention this somewhere?
Were you using the quick guide or the advanced guide?

I'm always looking for ways to improve the quick guide, and it looks like you've helped identify something that could be improved. I should be able to add a little explanation in it somewhere to avoid future confusion, if you think that would be helpful. :)

Welcome to the team btw, thanks for joining. ;)

Soldato
Indeed, welcome! :D

Orange means everything is ok for fahmon. Red means its not running. Orange just means its going fine but needs to complete a few percent before fahmon can tell you anything interesting.

Soldato
Joe42 said:
Would you say the guide could be improved to mention this somewhere?
Were you using the quick guide or the advanced guide?

I'm always looking for ways to improve the quick guide, and it looks like you've helped identify something that could be improved. I should be able to add a little explanation in it somewhere to avoid future confusion, if you think that would be helpful.

I had the same issue when I started dude, so it would prolly be good to include it if there's space :).

Hi Lysander :p , nice compy. Another person to stomp all over me :( :cool: .

Back
Top Bottom