Total Guitar magazine

Man of Honour
Who here buys this mag? I find it far more interesting to read than other guitar mags thats are just bursting with reviews and nothing else. Its kind of like a music mag and a guitar mag in one, hoorah!

So any discussion on the mag in here. What do people think of it? Do you find it useful? If I'm honest I buy it for the read, I hardly ever bother to learn the tabs.

I do find it annoying that they make some silly mistakes sometimes. I swear they have reviewed that maverick f1 at least twice!

One last thing, the bad horsie Vai track they tabbed this month sounds amazing, almost made me want to go impulse buy a JEM for some whammy bar action! However, what was the point of tabbing a song that NEEDED a floyd rose and had some drop D esque tuning that everyone would need to reset up their guitar for, and then not even print what the tuning was!

Anyway, what do you guys think?

lemonkettaz said:
i used to buy guitarist...

but i got bored
Exactly, I find the more 'serious' magazines a right snore to read. I don't like reading about guitars I'm proberly never going to play... Also I find that other magazines lack the vital humour element.

m3csl2004 said:
trivium arnt bad i suppose - i listen to them on occasion, whereas i really dont listen to dragon force

problem with this months is i know beast and the harlot (well the bits that arnt to much of a stretch for me) and the only other song i want to learn is bad horsie - and it just makes me cry to see how bloody difficult it is :(

btw the tunning for it is on the cd - track 18
Yeah I'm learning it on my guitar which has a floating trem thingy, but it 'out of tunes' pretty damn quite with so much abuse. I never understood why people liked vai until this song. Actually I went to you tube to see a live version, and he ruined it by making it too widdly. All his other stuff is boring to this. And please don't turn this into another steve vai thread people we have enough! :p *Hypocrite*

The slide riff is just SO KILLER. Its one of my favourite riffs ever now, I don't think I'll ever bore of it! I actually want a floating trem after hearing this :eek:

I think its so much better to have an electric instrumental like this where THE RIFF is the main bit :)

Back
Top Bottom