totally confused & disappointed

Associate
I recently bought a new machine as advised by people on here.

its an AMD X2 4400, 2 gig DDR gkill ram, a ultra DFI lanparty mobo, and a 1900XT 512 meg graphics card.

Anyway my issue is with the poor performance in games, I thought this thing would fly. I was advised to buy a widescreen monitor because apparently they are best for gaming. As it is TFT you have to run it at its native res which is 1680 x 1050. Now Im thinking to run games at this res this is whats killing the pc. yes I can run games but they jerk a fair bit and forget about playing FPS games.

I'm considering getting a smaller monitor with lower res to resolve the problem, or should i be ok with it as it is? I have latest nforce 4 drivers, and dual core driver, everything is bang up to date. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Hi chaps thanks for the reply

I play guild wars, Oblivion, quake 3 and battlefield 1942 I have no idea how to set exe to use one core? Oblivion is a bit of a shocker as i thought it used dual cores.

Any ideas where to get this dual core fix?

Muso said:
I recently bought a new machine as advised by people on here.

its an AMD X2 4400, 2 gig DDR gkill ram, a ultra DFI lanparty mobo, and a 1900XT 512 meg graphics card.

Anyway my issue is with the poor performance in games, I thought this thing would fly. I was advised to buy a widescreen monitor because apparently they are best for gaming. As it is TFT you have to run it at its native res which is 1680 x 1050. Now Im thinking to run games at this res this is whats killing the pc. yes I can run games but they jerk a fair bit and forget about playing FPS games.

I'm considering getting a smaller monitor with lower res to resolve the problem, or should i be ok with it as it is? I have latest nforce 4 drivers, and dual core driver, everything is bang up to date. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

tbh for the money, dual cores are only beneficial to about 3 games.

have my san diego 3700+ at fx-57 and it pretty much storms current games at any res(with a top end gpu).

with next gen cores and games around the corner(that will take advantage of the technology) its a bad time to buy current crop of dual cores..........IMO

AceCard said:
tbh for the money, dual cores are only beneficial to about 3 games.

have my san diego 3700+ at fx-57 and it pretty much storms current games at any res(with a top end gpu).

with next gen cores and games around the corner(that will take advantage of the technology) its a bad time to buy current crop of dual cores..........IMO

Agreed, for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom