Tower block fire - london

Nothing in the thread shows why the post isn't fairly shameful, on a page full of idiocy about sprinklers and your insensitive points about rubbish in halls when discussing a fire that has clearly spread externally I'm not sure what I should be looking for?

By the way the quote button on my PC hasn't greyed out on your posts just because I haven't read every utterance on the thread so I'll keep using it, perhaps when making sensitive posts on threads about dead people YOU could add your own context?

So you still couldn't be arsed to read anything posted then ?

If you think sprinklers and a there deployment is "idiocy" then perhaps you should just crawl back under the bush you have just sprung from :mad:

So you still couldn't be arsed to read anything posted then ?

If you think sprinklers and a there deployment is "idiocy" then perhaps you should just crawl back under the bush you have just sprung from :mad:
Nothing I have said even implies I think deploying sprinklers in tower blocks is idiocy but a number of posters here have made that insinuation, insurance, water damage resident opinion based on hearsay etc!

What I do find idiotic is discussing the contents of communal areas in this instance!

Nothing I have said even implies I think deploying sprinklers in tower blocks is idiocy but a number of posters here have made that insinuation, insurance, water damage resident opinion based on hearsay etc!

What I do find idiotic is discussing the contents of communal areas in this instance!

What I find idiotic (and lazy) is quoting people without reading the context of the post and then attacking an argument that wasn't made...

What I find idiotic (and lazy) is quoting people without reading the context of the post and then attacking an argument that wasn't made...

Apologies If I'm unfairly characterising your input here as shameful.

I think setting off sprinklers would have been a concern, it seems the residents in this tower frequently dumped rubbish in the entrance foyer/corridors... not as in dropped an empty crips packet or something but literally took mattresses, fridges, old furniture, bin bags and were too lazy to take them to the bin store so dumped in communal areas. One of the complaints against the council form the blog that seemed to complain about everything is that they didn't remove the rubbish quickly enough... rubbish that residents had dumped there themselves!

Well I'm not a big reader of council reports but certainly the news reports of this recent fire didn't seem to suggest that it was necessarily cost preventing sprinklers form being fitted (AFAIK the council claimed the residents didn't want them)? What are you actually referring to, do you have a link?

and allegedly the owner of the fridge + neighbour weren't exactly helpful either by leaving the door open

Although I'd call totally ignoring a request for clarification of shameful post, idiotic and lazy!

Frankly you might as well discuss if the wall paper and interior designs were to your tastes. It's a thread about a number of obvious catastrophic failures and no I can't see those failures being on the part of the dead residents at this point!

Although I'd call totally ignoring a request for clarification of shameful post, idiotic and lazy!

Frankly you might as well discuss if the wall paper and interior designs were to your tastes. It's a thread about a number of obvious catastrophic failures and no I can't see those failures being on the part of the dead residents at this point!

What exactly do you want clarifying? If you're just going to rant about posts being 'idiotic', 'shameful' rather than entering into some form of constructive dialogue then you're just a waste of time. You really do need to learn that not everyone is going to share your opinion or world view and perhaps you should try to discuss things sensibly instead of getting worked up over things.

So seems people who were in a hotel now have to leave with nowhere to go but phone the same council that left them to sleep on a church floor, how is this sorry exuse for a goverment still in power?

So seems people who were in a hotel now have to leave with nowhere to go but phone the same council that left them to sleep on a church floor, how is this sorry exuse for a goverment still in power?

Tbh if people cared about council elections, they wouldn't have such a crappy local government.

What exactly do you want clarifying? If you're just going to rant about posts being 'idiotic', 'shameful' rather than entering into some form of constructive dialogue then you're just a waste of time. You really do need to learn that not everyone is going to share your opinion or world view and perhaps you should try to discuss things sensibly instead of getting worked up over things.

Having just summarised your post history here and following the first post I took issue with, at this point I don't actually give a flying **** of anything of you have to say on this issue!

Having just summarised your post history here and following the first post I took issue with, at this point I don't actually give a flying **** of anything of you have to say on this issue!

So why are you still wasting time quoting me and getting yourself worked up? How about stop doing it and put me on ignore or something as you've generally turned out to be a complete time waster every time it happens.

So why are you still wasting time quoting me and getting yourself worked up? How about stop doing it and put me on ignore or something as you've generally turned out to be a complete time waster every time it happens.
It is possibly because of all that fasting...

I wouldn't say I'm worked up, I enjoy highlighting the idiocy of bias!

So the number of high rise blocks that have failed the cladding tests is now up to 34. Who knows what the final number will be.

This is damning as hell. And the worst part is that probably nobody will get punished for this, due to all the red tape and bad regulations.

Back
Top Bottom