Tower block fire - london

well i haven't raped school age children on mass, no i have nothing to excuse
Quite. Are there in fact *any* depths to which your fantasy immigrants haven't sunk?

With an imagination like yours, fuelled by the lies you swallow from the Mail and the Express, I bet there's little you think foreigners don't deserve, am I right?

Quite. Are there in fact *any* depths to which your fantasy immigrants haven't sunk?

With an imagination like yours, fuelled by the lies you swallow from the Mail and the Express, I bet there's little you think foreigners don't deserve, am I right?
Wait, you're saying Rotherham and Oxford didn't happen? Jesus Christ!

You've answered my question.

Because of some people in Oxford and Rotherham, you think there is nothing all foreigners don't deserve.

Discrimination and prejudice based on shared ethnicity and place of origin.

The very definition of racism.

There are some very naive people that genuinely believe that all immigrants are good, peace loving people who only want to come to the UK to enhance both their lives and our own. The rest of us however live in the real world, where we realise that there's both good and bad facets to both Europe and the UK allowing such unprecedented immigration. Sadly we must be able to discuss the bad points, such as the increase in reported rapes and sexual attacks across the majority of Europe, without people shouting "racism" but, until people can start acknowledging that there's a problem, we will never be able to fully tackle it.

I wonder if i can go one day this weekend without hearing about this bleeding tower block fire.I'd be tollerant if the news reported the real story where most of the tennants were either illegal or have done a runner. It's like the whole of the UK cares about the so called centre of the universe London which we don't. If only the news would report the real story then maybe i'd be interested .....

There are some very naive people that genuinely believe that all immigrants are good, peace loving people who only want to come to the UK to enhance both their lives and our own. The rest of us however live in the real world, where we realise that there's both good and bad facets to both Europe and the UK allowing such unprecedented immigration. Sadly we must be able to discuss the bad points, such as the increase in reported rapes and sexual attacks across the majority of Europe, without people shouting "racism" but, until people can start acknowledging that there's a problem, we will never be able to fully tackle it.
Pretty disgusting. He tars every immigrant as a rapist, and you defend him saying he "must be allowed to discuss the problem in a balanced way.

For you then," balanced " means it's OK to prejudge someone based on the actions of other people that share skin colour, race, ethnicity?

I wonder if i can go one day this weekend without hearing about this bleeding tower block fire.I'd be tollerant if the news reported the real story where most of the tennants were either illegal or have done a runner. It's like the whole of the UK cares about the so called centre of the universe London which we don't. If only the news would report the real story then maybe i'd be interested .....
Intrigued to know where you got your facts ("most of the tennants were either illegal or have done a runner.")

Also, seeing as its only taken 4 weeks for your compassion to run out, I've got to ask, why do you say you don't care about people in London? What are your grounds for not caring about people based on the fact they live somewhere different to you?

Unless I personally know the person probbaly about 500 meters.

You?
Not caring about them dying fires to the extent I'm angry when news about something the size of Grenfell impacts on my enjoyment of a weekend? Probably about 8k miles.

My head hurt when reading this. @Tefal i agree with you.
This line of debate started when Albert complained that news about Grenfell was likely to encroach on his enjoyment of the weekend, which was unreasonable because, as the fire killed Londoners, he didn't care about it.

I believe we all reach a point when over publicising of certain stories gets too much and we cry enough already. My personal tolerance level has been breached by Grenfell Tower, Charlie Gard, the McCanns, Trump's handshakes, Macron's old bird's outfits, and no doubt other media hype that will grate at some stage over the weekend.

I believe we all reach a point when over publicising of certain stories gets too much and we cry enough already. My personal tolerance level has been breached by Grenfell Tower, Charlie Gard, the McCanns, Trump's handshakes, Macron's old bird's outfits, and no doubt other media hype that will grate at some stage over the weekend.

But definitely not anything to do with a negative story regarding immigrants.....you'll keep getting triggered with those at any distance

Top_Gun - I also like basing my opinion on the factual information currently available so I've quoted this from the "overview section" of the BBC Report you're referring to - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

If it's OK for you to post a proven to be factually incorrect and, what maybe considered by some to be, an unpleasant opinion then you can't say it's not OK for others to also do so, glass houses and all that :D

Actually that BBC article has confirmed I was factually correct. I guess you don't know what "almost all" means.

Let's look at the article in depth:

• The data confirms previous indications that local results were strongly associated with the educational attainment of voters - populations with lower qualifications were significantly more likely to vote Leave. (The data for this analysis comes from one in nine wards)
  • The level of education had a higher correlation with the voting pattern than any other major demographic measure from the census
  • But the association between education and the voting results is stronger than the association between social or occupational class and the results. This is still true after taking the age of the local population into account.

This suggests that voters with lower qualifications were more likely to back Leave than the better qualified, even when they were in the same social or occupational class.
Sorry Ianh, but I felt the need to correct you as clearly your reading ability was suspect. Particularly since you're a Brexit supporter with its direct relationship to low educational attainment as confirmed by the BBC article.

Pretty disgusting. He tars every immigrant as a rapist (1), and you defend him saying he "must be allowed to discuss the problem in a balanced way (2)"

(1) Could you please quote his post saying "all immigrants are rapists." so that I can comment on this.

(2) Yes I do, because that freedom of discussion is a right that people in this country have died to give us.

If someone's claims are as disgusting as you suggest then, with the freedom of discussion which we have in this country, "everyone" will be able to see that their claims are disgusting, they will have the freedom to comment on them and give them the ridicule they deserve. While it's not perfect response I find that the best thing for combating narrow minded people is to allow them to speak, to let everyone hear just how stupid and vacuous their claims are so that everyone can see just what a small minded person they are. If you stop the freedom of discussion (as you suggest in your post) because you don't like what the other side is saying then that says your own argument must either be so weak that it can not survive being discussed, or that you are worried that his opinion might be more popular than your own.

Long story short, discussion is the best way to highlight just who is the person with the extreme views, and everyone will be able to see that. Shutting down discussion tend to be a bad thing.

Back
Top Bottom