Toyo Tyres TR1R/TR1S – Known problems?

Associate
Sidewall ‘hernias’, is what I’m concerned about. By which I mean: When you hit a big pothole, tyre pressure momentarily increases to such an extent, the air attempts to break thru the tyres sidewall, leaving a golf ball sized lump. I’ve had this happen with 3 x TR1R/S tyres now, all with plenty of wear left, so this is getting expensive. I didn’t realise, but the previous 2 tyres may of been legible for Toyo’s failure warranty, but no one at the fitting centre informed me. Anyway, third tyre is def going back to Toyo.

Is this a known problem with these tyres? Googled, but found no mention. Potholes weren’t that big. Wasn’t going that fast. Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, 195/55/14 tyres.

Man of Honour
I haven't heard anything. I hit a big pothole at speed a while ago, really made a big bang. I kept my eye on the tyre for a few weeks to make sure it was OK and it's still fine 6 months later. I don't recall seeing anything about this issue when I was reading up on the tyres.

Did you get them all at the same time? Possibility of a bad batch? If not, I'd change to a different tyre, it's not worth risking a blowout.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I spoke to Goodyear about the problem and they informed me that they wouldent do anything because i would have had to of hit something substantial at speed and therefor isnt there problem.

To be fair i did go over a kerb @ 30 MPH: ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom