TP-Link Deco placement advice

Soldato
Hi guys,

As above, what's the recommended placement/location in the home for this kit? I've recently upgraded to 300MB fibre and I'd ideally like to be able to achieve this around the home.

I've got the X60 kit, 3 nodes but I might pick up another single if I can't improve things with what I've got. Is there a currently thinking/methodology around the placement of this mesh kit?

What additional info do you need?

Thanks!

Soldato
It all depends on how you are connecting them and what is between them. Wired backhaul and not expecting signal to pass through more than one wall/floor should easily give you at least twice what you're looking for unless you have foot thick walls or foil backed plasterboard.

Commissario
It all depends on how you are connecting them and what is between them. Wired backhaul and not expecting signal to pass through more than one wall/floor should easily give you at least twice what you're looking for unless you have foot thick walls or foil backed plasterboard.
Yup

I have some of the Deco's here, and due to the placement of walls in the house I've basically got them opposite corners of the house with one upstairs and one down, connected by cable to the main router/modem.

It seems to work pretty well and gives a good, fast connection, but definitely a wired backbone is always going to be best if it can be done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom