Trackmania® 2020

Associate
Hi there,

New Trackmania is being released on Epic store and Uplay July 1st. Its just the stadium environment at will be free to play, with 2 annual subscription options:

starter - free
standard access - £8.49 /1 year
club access - £25.99 /1 year

thQm2g5.png

Gameplay vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyAy4m0BY7Q

Lando Norris and zerator have been streaming the closed beta on Twitch recently

Who will be playing this then? New track pieces look interesting, can't wait to give this a go.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/trackmania-stadium-ocuk-group.18884155/

Looks like there's already a OcUK club! Hopefully you guys will be migrating over to tm2020

Soldato
Nadeo and Ubisoft are deranged.

I love Trackmania but as years go by, it is clear the original creators are in no fit state to be the custodians of the game moving forward.

"Lets release on uPlay AND Epic store EXCLUSIVELY" said NO respectable developer/publisher, EVER.

Soldato
Starter Access: Free
  • Face new challenges with a new season every three months and a wide variety of community campaigns in the hourly renewed Arcade Channel.
  • Race against real players: Even solo, a player's ghost close to your level guides you, to help you improve step by step.
  • Keep track of your progression with regional rankings and medals collection.
  • Compete every week with players from all around the world and represent your country in the weekly Nations League.
  • Get a taste of Trackmania editor tracks, replays, skins, and test servers with limited access.

Standard Access: £8.59 a year
  • Benefit from all the features of Starter Access
  • Solo or live, immerse yourself in the best of community creation with the Track of the day and the club campaigns and rooms.
  • Have full access to track, replay editors and test servers.
  • Race your way to the top and practice regularly on Trackmania in-game daily competitions!

Club Access: £25.99 a year
  • Benefit from the all the features of Standard Access.
  • Join your favorite clubs to access privileged content and club competitions, private campaigns, and training tracks.
  • Customize your car with your skins or exclusive club skins.
  • Create your own club, organize your events, and share your creations with your club members.
  • Face pro-level players in the Open Grand League and get qualified to the next season of the Trackmania Grand League, the official Trackmania esports competition."

Man of Honour
Novelty wore off for me - though some of those new track shapes do look interesting.

I used to host a load of servers for Nations Forever with a fancy custom map upload system, etc.

Soldato
Owing to the devs silence on dedicated server support thus far, my money is on them ditching dedicated server support. Literally no info on dedicated servers this close to launch is iffy.

If they do drop them, grab the popcorn :D

Soldato
I’ve got all the Trackmania games and love them, but subscription and no Steam...Nope!
I’ll probably look elsewhere and play the solo tracks without the subscription and crappy Uplay/Epic offerings

Associate
OP
Had some fun playing today. Got standard access for £6.50 cos i had 100 ubisoft club points. The ice tracks pieces are a PITA just like expected :D

Soldato
Anybody playing this then? I grabbed it on Uplay as I saw a few gameplay vids and thought it looked fun - and it is :)

Don't really like their subscription model but will see how long the free access holds my interest - if I get as much out of it as I would have an £8 or £25 game I might consider paying something. Haven't really noticed any advertising at all so far

Back
Top Bottom