Traffic light camera got me.

Associate
So i was driving home today in the works van and the road wasnt really busy although a few cars were behind me every now and then, when all of a sudden the lights changed when i was pretty close, i looked in the mirror to see if it was safe to slam on for the lights but couldnt tell if a car was behind me or not so i had to go, then all of a sudden i got *flash* *flash* from the traffic light camera.

Im pretty sure the light was just red as i was going through them.

Just wondering is there a high risk of me getting 3 points and £60 fine?

I work as a mechanic and need my license to drive and i havnt had it long so 6 points and im back to square 1, if it does come back as that is there any way i can dispute and get the points removed?

Thanks.

Associate
OP
Is there any way i can appeal if this is the case?

EDIT: Also is there a differance between double flash and single?

Oh and i forgot to say that i no two people who have had the same thing at the same lights one has done it twice and both havnt had anything through the post.

Any reason this might of happened or do they check the footage and see if it was right to carry on?

Associate
OP
Well i wasnt sure if someone was right behind me because further up the road a mondeo was right up behind me like he wanted to overtake but he never did, i wanted to check my mirrors incase he was there still sniffing my fumes but couldnt tell and i dont think i could have stopped in time after i was trying to search for him anyway.

I must admit i should have known if someone was there or not but i didnt see anyone behind me turn off at any point so i thought he must have been there.

:(

I cant wait to tell my boss the insurance might go up just a tad :( or maybe i should just look blank when he says he has a fine through the post :p i hate my life at the mo :( but i suppose ill learn from this if anything comes of it.

Associate
OP
I believe the definition of an Amber light is you must stop unless it is unsafe to do so.

Thats what i thought, or go unless it is unsafe, either way im retarded and i got flashed, im living with that thought now.

As to the forward facing lights have to be white what about indercators? :p

Also on the new BMW's when your sidelight goes the indercator stays on instead untill you put a new sidelight bulb in.

Back
Top Bottom