transparent video

Soldato
I've created a small clip / transition effect in 'debug mode wax' but I can't figure out how to render it with a transparent background. After some searching the net I think I need a 1080p RGBA avi clip but how can I create one please?

Soldato
OP
Hi, that's right regarding 'debug mode wax' it can be used to edit video clips and add special effects. I'm only just using it for the first time but have created some animated overlays that I'd like to use when streaming with OBS. Creating the effect has been ok as I already had the graphics to use for the transitions. However, OBS only has a plugin for including video into a scene and it doesn't have a chroma key feature so what I created has a green background which I'd like to be transparent. I understand a few formats do support an alpha channel such as RGBA with avi but I then need the rendering software I think to render just the alpha channel of the background clip out along with the effect layers.

Soldato
OP
Hi gord, yes I thought that was going to be the answer when I found that setting too but still no joy. I either end up with my green background from the green.avi file I made to act as a background as one is needed to apply affects to the graphic track on top or I end up chroma keying out the green or making that track opaque or subtracting it in compositing and ending up with a black background.

I think I'm going to try bringing the green version in to Blender or Sony Vegas and seeing if one of those can swap the green for an alpha channel or moving matte as I think it's also known.

Back
Top Bottom